Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
dirt visionary
6,509 Posts
Sorry I am not fond of heights so if that was me I would be as low as I could go and still holding on .

·
dirt visionary
6,509 Posts
Thats not as bad I can deal with steep its when its sheer I shudder.

·
EDR
10,259 Posts
Phillbo: where/what is that trial?

dstepper: Is that the trail that has the youtube video of the guy loosing his balance over a rock and tumbling down the hill for a hundred yards? Looks like it could be.

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
eatdrinkride said:
Phillbo: where/what is that trial?

dstepper: Is that the trail that has the youtube video of the guy loosing his balance over a rock and tumbling down the hill for a hundred yards? Looks like it could be.
Nope Miles Todd crashed in Carrizo Gorge out in the Anzo Borrego Desert. Condor Peak Trail is about 30 minute drive from downtown Los Angles.

For those of you that do not know of the famous penalty for failure crash. Video link near the bottom.

http://www.mountainbikebill.com/milescrash.htm

Dean

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
When I lived In Ventura Co. We did a work group shuttle ride on Wilson. I think back about four years ago that exposed section in the pic had a chain link retention fence on the down hill side of the mountian about ten feet tall. The second pic of the steep DH exposure, I got dropped from the group with a mechanical. Had to ride it solo out of sight of the rest of the group to catch up. Just me my bike and my prayers.

The trail is fun up top, when you get down to the river at the bottom, not so much. If anyone is wondering where is So Cal it is, It's right above JPL in near Pasadena

·
my dog's Frisbee launcher
513 Posts
dstepper said:
To too wide to be scary. This is exposure, Condor Peak Trail San Gabriel Mountains, California. It is on Boxers list of National Forest to get wilderness designation.

Dean
Dean...say it isn't so!!! :madman:
the Gabriel Mountains are my old stomping grounds
I did a lot of trail work with the Mt. Wilson Bike Assoc.boys
I sure do miss riding there...great climbs and awesome singletrack
do you know who I (we) can contact to keeping this from happening?

I remember going over the edge backward on the Idlehour Trail...managed to grab a root on my way down...man that was a close one :thumbsup:

Cheers Billy

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,325 Posts
Uh oh! Mt. Wilson, it's only a matter of time before Markskee jumps in and starts ranting and raving about the "Cali" trails. There's no rocks in that pic! Man AZ has got me jaded.:D

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
befoot said:
Dean...say it isn't so!!! :madman:
the Gabriel Mountains are my old stomping grounds
I did a lot of trail work with the Mt. Wilson Bike Assoc.boys
I sure do miss riding there...great climbs and awesome singletrack
do you know who I (we) can contact to keeping this from happening?

I remember going over the edge backward on the Idlehour Trail...managed to grab a root on my way down...man that was a close one :thumbsup:

Cheers Billy
Arnold has vetoed the bill for now but it will be back. Mt Wilson is not part of the planned Wilderness designation. Well not this round they seem to like to get us a section at a time.

Dean

·
513 Posts
dstepper said:
It looks like Lower Sam Merrill Trail above Pasadena, CA.

Dean
Dean thanks for the up date
yes that maybe Lower Sam Merrill but it seems like that pic is farther east that's Santa Anita race track down there and the photo looks to low to be up on Mt Zion so I'm thinking its might be MT Wilson trail down at the bottom I just may have to go home and find out...I wonder if Christi would be up for a tandem ride :D

Cheers

·
513 Posts
thanks Phillbo I missed that. you know we used to do full moon rides on that trail we would start over by Chantry and ride up winter creek tr over and down Mt Wilson tr ...Wow, we may have been nuts :D but the city lights sure were cool :thumbsup:
Cheers

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Just another reason I don't clip in! Clips not good for the kind of tech stuff I love............Thanks for posting up!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts