Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some time off this week and plan to spend a day up in the area of Cameron Pass and the Colorado State forest exploring the trails and dirt roads. I hope to organize a "death march" up in the area for later this summer.

Anybody interested in exploring with me? I plan to ride a lot and there will be some dead ends (some trails that end up unridable) but it should be nice and the weather looks decent.

I will go either Tuesday or Wednesday. Send PM or post here if you are interested.

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Curious to see how it works out! A buddy and I we're talking about that the other day. Looks like you can combine State Forest with American Lakes via minimal Jeep rd and one small stretch of pavement.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, some pavement will be required but not much. One option is to start at American Lakes, then take Michigan Ditch trail (which is really a dirt road) over the the pass and take Montgomery Pass trail/road over to the state forest. Or I could skip American Lakes and pretty much avoid pavement completely.

Anyway, I'll scout it and hopefully get a group for an outing in Aug or Sep. Stay tuned.

·
pain intolerant
745 Posts
A death march in that area sounds mighty fun. Keep us posted. We just camped in the Lake Agnes area last night and I couldn't stop thinking about how much potential that area has.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Where would you be basing at? Are there recommended primitieve camping spots on forest service roads? I went to CSU but didn't go up that part when I was there (doh!).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts