Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Building an almost fully customized rigid mountainbike i've seen two websites of German manufactures of cranks.

Bicycle part Bicycle drivetrain part Crankset Gear Auto part

This one is from aerozinebike. Anyone knows the quality of these Titanium cranks, or the aluminium version?

Wood Iron Guitar accessory Metal Household hardware

This one is from customcranks.de. Look great too.:D

I've mailed the two companies for some info, but i trust mbtr more for quality issues and therefore i would like to know what you think about this. The idea is to have some cranks with no, or minimal brand name on it, and which is compatible with the hollowtech 2 system, because i've got the matching Chris King bottom bracket (for Holl.2).

if anyone knows some quality cranks for xc mountainbiking, without tha brand name on it, or if it's minimal, let me know:thumbsup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lelandjt said:
Why not just buy the best cranks, FSA K-Force Lights, and rub the graphics off?
Thanks for the input
Admitting that those cranks look beautiful, but carbon isn't the material for me. I've seen a carbontube snap ones, and since then i only use alloys.
Those titanium cranks looks okay, but i too wouldn't buy that alu. axle. I would combine them with a titanium or CroMo axle.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
If I was getting alloy cranks I think it would be XTRs. C sections aren't as stiff as Shimano's welded, fully boxxed design. If you're not into Shimano RaceFace Dues is the evolution of the Turbine, the most tried and true crank ever.

·
Another Monster.
73 Posts
Only thing I've seen about the aerozine cranks is that the 'fixed' driveside axle became unfixed. Not found anything else about them, which is a shame because I rather like the look of the Ti DH one from the website, but I'm loath to ditch my 09 Saint cranks for some fancy, but dodgy, ti ones.

·
kabouterclan member
501 Posts
Custom cranks :

They are square taper only
Bolt circle diameter for the middle and large rings is 110mm, 5 bolt.
They are forged and machined
They are heavyweigths, but you can order them with some extra machining to reduce weight.

I don't think this is what you're looking for.

however: Best thing about these cranks is that you can order them from about 160 to 210mm and they are priced reasonably. I Just bought 190's for my singlespeed project :D

I think they

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.