Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone? I was looking for a comfortable yet light saddle and was looking at these two. I was wondering what everyones' experience with this saddle is/was like before picking one up.

Thanks for the help!:thumbsup:

:cool:

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 Yay, 1 Nay....any more votes?:D

Hopefully even if the padding/gel is firm, it will be alright, since I'm debating on going with the Specialized or the SLR I have laying around. Can't be any harder than the all-carbon (yup, no padding) Token saddle I have right now. Seems comfortable enough, but need padding for the jacked-up lower back.:rolleyes:

Thanks again guys!

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
i got one

psinsyd said:
Anyone? I was looking for a comfortable yet light saddle and was looking at these two. I was wondering what everyones' experience with this saddle is/was like before picking one up.

Thanks for the help!:thumbsup:

Its pretty good. I got my Avatar and Alias at a swap meet. Comfort is pretty good, but I like my WTB better.

Then again, what woks for me may not work for you. I bought a Sefras saddle from the $5 bin at the bike shop, and it felt like it was sitting on marbles. I hated it. I gave it to a bud, and he thinks it is the most comfy thing on the planet.

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input, everyone! I'll continue to look at the Specialized saddles, and also take a look at the WTBs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The big difference between the Alias and Avatar saddles is the cut-out for blood flow to the boys.

The cutout is wider on the Avatar and narrower on the Alias (esp towards the nose of the saddle. This was a big deal for me since I experienced some numbness with my stock Cannondale saddle. The Avatar is not plush by mtb standards, but it is the most comfortable saddle I've riden on a road bike. No more numbness anyway.

·
moe.
371 Posts
I have two Alias

and if I could do it over again I would buy Selle Flite Italia Gels. The natural leather, quality and design are not even in the same class. China versus Italy I shouldn't be surprised. I will sell you mine for $50 ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.