Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to order a bunch of small parts and maintenance items from Jenson because I like their selection, but I noticed that they have been getting hammered in consumer reviews recently, both on Google and Facebook.

Anyone have positive recent experiences with them?

D

·
0 Posts
Nothing but good things to say about Jenson...fast shipping, and decent prices. I do have to return an item...I’ll update after I do that.

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Nothing but good things to say about Jenson...fast shipping, and decent prices. I do have to return an item...I’ll update after I do that.
Ditto!

My go to, for sure.

·
No known cure
4,072 Posts
Yes, but I'm using the shop in Corona and the will call in Riverside.

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Yes, but I'm using the shop in Corona and the will call in Riverside.
The guys at the Corona shop let me return a bike for one of their floor models. I put like 20 miles on the bike I returned. Only $20 to clean the drive train. Bikes were the exact same price.

That made me their loyal customer. Oh and that's my MMD, that I love so much.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Also my go-to... the guys at the counter of the Riverside will call have gone beyond what was necessary to help me out on many occasions.

Side note: how often do people go online to talk about good service compared to bad? I work at a mountain bike company and see some things from seriously unrealistic and entitled customers on a somewhat regular basis. Take that stuff lightly and give them a try... You might find your new favorite retailer.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Love Jenson. Many orders, not a single bad experience. Selection and prices are good. Shipping speed is second to none.

·
Fart smeller
Tell us what parts you're using.
18,105 Posts
Love George! And his wife Jane is hot, too!

Astro is a hoot.

Oh, you said Jenson?? My bad. Nothing but good to say about 'em. I got my bike from them and was extremely satisfied (as was Jane, nudge nudge wink wink).

jetsons.0.jpg

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,451 Posts
I have ordered from them many times over the years and have nothing but good things to say about them.

·
Hitching a ride
3,193 Posts
Also my go-to... the guys at the counter of the Riverside will call have gone beyond what was necessary to help me out on many occasions.

Side note: how often do people go online to talk about good service compared to bad? I work at a mountain bike company and see some things from seriously unrealistic and entitled customers on a somewhat regular basis. Take that stuff lightly and give them a try... You might find your new favorite retailer.
I guess because you get called a fanboi or shill if you post your good experience. Nature of the beast

·
Registered
379 Posts
Love Jenson. Many orders, not a single bad experience. Selection and prices are good. Shipping speed is second to none.
Well... shipping speed is second to all the places that have free two-day shipping, like Competitive Cyclist, Backcountry, Moosejaw, Amazon Prime. Jenson takes like a week to get to me, and uses UPS which doesn't deliver on weekends.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nothing bad to say about them. Jensons got great deals and the shipping is fast too. I just got some grips from them last week and they came in 2 days. I don't usually prefer UPS but no complaints here.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've been buying from them for over 4 years, and every time it's been excellent. Correct items every time, excellent prices, and acceptable shipping times.

I once needed to return an item due to failure, covered by warranty; it was straightforward and easy.

Last purchase was from last week, and was delivered today.

Buy from Jenson with confidence.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
The guys at the Corona shop let me return a bike for one of their floor models. I put like 20 miles on the bike I returned. Only $20 to clean the drive train. Bikes were the exact same price.

That made me their loyal customer. Oh and that's my MMD, that I love so much.
And then they sold that returned, USED, bike to someone else as a NEW bike......

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
And then they sold that returned, USED, bike to someone else as a NEW bike......
Probably discounted. I returned the bike in perfect condition.

If I was that someone else buying that bike, I couldn't tell the difference.

That's just finding negativity out of nothing.

·
Always in the wrong gear
2,754 Posts
S​​usspect;14173319 said:
Well... shipping speed is second to all the places that have free two-day shipping, like Competitive Cyclist, Backcountry, Moosejaw, Amazon Prime. Jenson takes like a week to get to me, and uses UPS which doesn't deliver on weekends.
I live in Phoenix, I ordered some stuff on a Monday morning and it was delivered on Wednesday. I didn’t pay for shipping, I just met the minimum order amount.

Jenson is my go-to when shopping. I end up placing the order there about 2/3 of the time.

I recently got bitten bad, deciding on colorway for new bars: Spank Oozy 780 Vibrocore in blue ano from Amain, or same bars in powdercoat black from Jenson. Essentially the same price.

I went for the anodized blue bling and only once I got the tracking number did I realize that Amain ships USPS ground, it’ll take like 2 weeks (26th shipped, eta on July 6th).

With Jenson I’d have already had 2 rides on the new bars. Instead, my bike stays home on my vacation that was supposed to be a MTB trip because I have no freaking handlebars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SS Pusher Man
7,590 Posts
Mostly good experiences.....they are local for me, within 20 miles to Corona, 40 to Riverside warehouse.

I have had a few orders get lost along the way, but they were quick to reship.

I've only had 1 warranty issue, and it was a PITA. Had a fork that developed horrible bushing slop within 6 months of purchase. Took it to a LBS and they said it was bad, needed to back to Rock Shox. Went into Corona Jenson, and had to argue with the mechanics that the fork wasn't functioning properly. They reluctantly agreed to send it in, but said I'd have to pay for shipping. 5 Days later, my replacement fork showed up.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts