Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running Eggbeaters for close to two years, but I'm getting tired of my foot being knocked off the pedal everytime the underside of the pedal hits a log or rock.
I noticed the Candies have a platform. Does this platform stop, or at least minimize, the number of times your foot is knocked off the pedal?

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
Ottoreni said:
I've been running Eggbeaters for close to two years, but I'm getting tired of my foot being knocked off the pedal everytime the underside of the pedal hits a log or rock.
I noticed the Candies have a platform. Does this platform stop, or at least minimize, the number of times your foot is knocked off the pedal?
NO, if hit from underneath the cleat will release and the platform does basically nothing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeah, the candies do it to me plenty. usually at just the wrong time when i'm about to clear something technical and feel good about myself. ah well, i forgive them this one thing i suppose, but still, pretty irritating.

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
nogearshere said:
i have a similar problem and it was the same with the TIME's before that.
stop hitting things.

the only diff the candy made was recovery was a bit easier thanks to the small platform...
Yep, my shimano's do the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.