Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've specced Schwalbe Little Albert 29er tyres on my new bike, does anyone have any experience of them? If so how do you find them?

I noticed on the Schwalbe website that the 26er Little Albert has front and rear specific tyres, yet the 29er tyre is for front or rear use, I wonder why this is? Purely cost?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I had a set, they are ok and farily light at 580gms. I only used it as a rear tire. The tread seemed to run out fast and I prefer the racing ralphs to them.

·
transmitter~receiver
9,334 Posts
I've had a few sets and they were my favorite tire for a while. The seem to roll pretty quickly, have good traction, and shed mud in wet conditions.
I have moved to larger volume tires and smaller knobs out of personal preference, but I still take a set to races in case it gets muddy.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have had a few sets also. Use them as rear tires mostly, but they are light and durable as far as puncture is concerned. I have had some seal well tubeless, and a few that just refused to seal.

I prefer high volume tires, but they are about the same as a small block in weight with much better traction wet.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I liked 'em just fine. But I finally switched to something with a little more volume and like the extra cush even better. Not much cush with the Little Albert. That's my only beef with them. They gripped well, rolled fast, and lasted, though. Horses for courses.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.