Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
Seb the French said:
In France a lot of riders' dream is to ride an american bike... But, in The States, do you buy european bikes ? Does anyone know Vario Bikes ?
I am in Canada, and I have heard of Vario, but have never seen one here on the shore. To much $hit gets broken to justify purchasing from overseas. Need parts availability ASAP.

Which is why I went with www.knollybikes.com ! If something busts I will start crying "Knolly I need help!!!!"

There is already so much competition in the north american market right now, and quite a number of large players that it is difficult for newcomers to get in. Orange is kind of making it work, but they are still relatively rare.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
mtb innovation from europe?

Seb the French said:
In France a lot of riders' dream is to ride an american bike... But, in The States, do you buy european bikes ? Does anyone know Vario Bikes ?
To my knowledge only the Brit, Jon Whyte has produce any non-US designed innovative or exotic design in mountain bikes. I'm not sure if a Brit would be considered European.

Seems like the best euro bikes are Horst link style or monopivot. The Vario bikes look like a monopivot with some unique shock linkage, but not really exotic compared to the real innovations by Whyte or US designers Horst Leitner and Dave Weagle.

- ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.