Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promised Biker Bob that I would post some pics of my new frame/bike. Although its already built, I wanted to give some close-up shots of the frame. When trying to make the choice between this and many other frames I looked around for some detailed shots of the exogrid frames, but came up empty handed.

I would also like to thank all the guys at Titus for not only delivering a stunning beauty, but for the custom geometry that makes me feel like I'm 25 years old and racing fit again. The past several years I've noticed a real problem with my lower back, and for the first time the custom geometry seemed like it was worth the extra money. I looked at it as a long term investment in my love of riding. I've done several long rides on the bike already and being able to ride 3+ hours with no pain is an absolute revelation. I honestly feel like Titus delivered a time machine thats taken me back to my youth.

Blue Bicycle accessory Metal Steel Composite material

Blue Grille Bicycle accessory Bicycle frame Bicycle part

Bicycle frame Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Grille Bicycle

Bottle Pipe Plastic Gas Bicycle part

Bicycle part Bicycle frame Bicycle accessory Iron Bicycle

·
searcher
874 Posts
Beautiful! Exogrid is just a one of a kind material, you can be proud of having a bike made of it! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
That thing make me "sport" Titanium!!!

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
Gorgeousness. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Just a question about your back problems and your custom build. How did you determine what changes to make in the frame geometry to help with your lower back?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, yeah I'm really happy with the outcome. KRob, When you do the full custom route w/ Titus you fill out a sheet with basic info about you height, age, weight along with current bike setup and likes/dislikes. Having owned an 07 Racer X I felt pretty sure I could tweek things a bit to help. Titus suggested the headtube lenght which went from 3.7" to 4.5" on my frame. I took their advice on that one. I also asked to shorten the toptube by 10mm's as well. The engineer at Titus made the changes but cautioned me that I was shortening the wheelbase by 1/2 inch. I got a little nervous there and asked them to switch it to 5mm reduction. So the basic changes from stock were a 3/4" taller headtube and a top tube length of 22.5" vs 22.7 which was stock. I put a lot of trust into Titus's hands figuring that they knew what they were doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts