Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had such a blast of a ride last night. Have not been on the bike enough, so thought, tonight is a night ride night. Was really cold, around 0 deg C, but it was so serene and quite, very peaceful.................... Had the iPod playing away with some great tunes depending on the terrain. Cant climb a huge climb with Rage Against Machine playing, but you sure can go bat out a hell downhill on single track with Rage Against Machine on....

A night ride really helps settle the stressed out mind.... Even helps the thought pattern on your wife leaving cause you travel too much. That is partner #4 leaving for me traveling to much, :nono: they may have a point.... mmmmmmmmm somethings just dont work...

The ExoGrid at night

Attachments

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Whafe said:
Had such a blast of a ride last night. Have not been on the bike enough, so thought, tonight is a night ride night. Was really cold, around 0 deg C, but it was so serene and quite, very peaceful.................... Had the iPod playing away with some great tunes depending on the terrain. Cant climb a huge climb with Rage Against Machine playing, but you sure can go bat out a hell downhill on single track with Rage Against Machine on....

A night ride really helps settle the stressed out mind.... Even helps the thought pattern on your wife leaving cause you travel too much. That is partner #4 leaving for me traveling to much, :nono: they may have a point.... mmmmmmmmm somethings just dont work...

The ExoGrid at night
Big congrats on the ride!!

Bummer on the wife... shoot me a PM whenever you can if you feel like... But mind you that being all the time with them is no insurance either, you know?

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Whafe said:

The ExoGrid at night
Great for you on the night ride!

I also feel bad on the wife deal... I hope things work themselves out... especially for Mia too... :(

On a higher note, I am waiting for my own set of lights that my GF and one of my riding buddies bought me :D

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
geolover said:
The trail is my church.
God rides a Titus too, he told me the other day when I was climbing a nasty one... He's everywhere.

Who needs:thumbsup: the church when you have a trail?!

Yeah, man! Chins up!

Come on, guys!

We can't leave our Spiritual Leader (Whafe, that is) let down on these bitter moments! ;)

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Whafe

I'm sorry to hear it's been a troubled time for you mate.

Really great to hear you got out into the bush to think about things and get some exercise.

Your a great person, don't forget that :thumbsup: .

Cheers
AM

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Sorry to hear that Wafe. What a big blow! Wow, and your daughter is only a few months old.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all, am touched.....:eek: Not there !!!

No seriously, thank you for the kind words. A real bummer, have had some months to begin to get used to it. Dam I travel so much, sort of new thing to sort when you are in Spain and al your family and friends are on the other side of the world in New Zealand, oh and Tassy for AM...

But anyways, main point was just to say how much strength and a free mind one can get from a night ride. Am going back out tonight, that way will be keen as mustard for Saturday with the boys....:D

Well its interesting too seeing all the Spanish ladies in a different way........... LOL... Well ya know what I mean...........Dam and the 2 bikes I am waiting on just keep getting more delayed, will be here next week, this has happened for weeks & weeks with the Ellsworth Ride, and well the Nicolai, have been waiting well near on 6 months. Toni at Blacksheep Cycles is being a legend, but really think Nicolai is jerking him round. Have to say, its hard when you paid a 5K USD deposit some 6 months ago, thats a fair amount of interest...

I digress, stop the rambling Whafe

Later....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Whafe said:
Well its interesting too seeing all the Spanish ladies in a different way........... LOL... Well ya know what I mean...
I've been at Spain three times as short visit and, mate, Spanish women are definitively HAWT!!!!!!!

I really liked them LOTZ!!

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
have to agree there, would be good to be able to communicate with them, other communication methods may well required..............

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dam hope so, its like riding a bike is it not?????? Maw ha ha ha h a

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yep, am trying to do a deal, am thinkin git will be the best way to get my espanol up to speed. Know loads of words, but dam, its stringing the f ing things together that causes the issues............LOL

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Whafe said:
yep, am trying to do a deal, am thinkin git will be the best way to get my espanol up to speed. Know loads of words, but dam, its stringing the f ing things together that causes the issues............LOL
Don't lose your patience... Spanish is actually a VERY difficult language to learn. Even we, native Spanish speakers, hardly master it. It's much richer than english and way much more difficult.

No offense... but a common joke between construction crews that speak diverse languages is that English is a language for lazy people.

Besides, you're in a difficult area to learn... Barca has also the Catalan, which is widespread and similar but not equal to Spanish. That's not to mention that Spaniards usually omit a lot of letters in their pronunciation and the accent is not quite clear (hey, we can say that about Dixie guys too! :D )

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Warp said:
Don't lose your patience... Spanish is actually a VERY difficult language to learn. Even we, native Spanish speakers, hardly master it. It's much richer than english and way much more difficult.

No offense... but a common joke between construction crews that speak diverse languages is that English is a language for lazy people.

Besides, you're in a difficult area to learn... Barca has also the Catalan, which is widespread and similar but not equal to Spanish. That's not to mention that Spaniards usually omit a lot of letters in their pronunciation and the accent is not quite clear (hey, we can say that about Dixie guys too! :D )
Warp is right... in Barcelona you hear a lot more catalan... which sounds like cutoff Spanish (or actually Castellano to be politically correct), it even took my GF a while to learn Spanish coming from Portuguese (which is quite similar)... especially with all the CR slang I taught her :lol:

Don't get discouraged... just keep at it! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.