Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through some of the other posts but couldn't find a definitive answer- what's the best rotating direction when using the exiwolf as a rear tire? Same as the front? The arrow on the sidewall just indicates one direction, but I wasn't sure if I should reverse the rear direction as I have on other tires (given the recent posts about the exi's feeling slow). Any consensus?

·
paintbucket
2,825 Posts
If its manufactured as a front-specific tire then flip it on the rear for better traction under acceleration. I've never even seen one though, so I really don't have a clue. That's just a general observation. :)

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
It's so meaty..it likely won't really matter at all...

My wife's 1x1 has them front and rear..and I set up the rear tire with the arrows pointing fwd like the front..with great results...
Andy aka Rut from the SS board runs his on the rear the opposite way...with great results....

You can't lose....

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Exiwolfs

I finally pinch flatted my Mythos on a rocky section of trail Sunday, stopped at the lbs and picked up a pair, rode them for the first time last night. I'm running them both in a forward direction...

And they rock. Like stink on ****. Velcro to dirt. I'm super stoked!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.