Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took probably one of the hardest headers I've taken in a while today. It was less like going over the handlebars and more like being slungshot into the ground. The FOX North Shore forearms/elbow pads saved me from a broken arm.

The city of Black Diamond is supposedly trying to annex some of the Lake Sawyer mountain bike area for a park with the intent of keeping the trails. There is a meeting Dec 8th at 7pm at the city hall pertaining to this.

Met Ed who builds a lot of the trails at Sawyer. Nice guy. The stunted trails need some feedback to flow better. Some of them just don't make much sense, have poor run ins, poor run outs, etc. Still appreciate the work! Just making constructive input, not putting the effort down at all!

If I skid in this video and it offends you...well I couldn't care less. :rolleyes: ;)

Sawyer/Exit 27/TWMNBN

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
zdfg said:
The stunted trails need some feedback to flow better. Some of them just don't make much sense, have poor run ins, poor run outs, etc. Still appreciate the work! Just making constructive input, not putting the effort down at all!
i agree 100%

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
zdfg said:
The stunted trails need some feedback to flow better. Some of them just don't make much sense, have poor run ins, poor run outs, etc. Still appreciate the work! Just making constructive input, not putting the effort down at all!
The stunt areas lack flow, because the stunts have been torn down/vandalized and rebuilt several times. Originally, many of them were very well built and flowy.

last year (?) somebody built a killer teeter-totter that pivoted off an old growth stump. The thing was tall, wide, very solid, great materials and had an excellant approach and tranny. it was there for less than 72 hours before somebody cut it up with a chainsaw and rolled the remains down a hillside. I never got to ride it. :(

total lameness

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FM said:
The stunt areas lack flow, because the stunts have been torn down/vandalized and rebuilt several times. Originally, many of them were very well built and flowy.

last year (?) somebody built a killer teeter-totter that pivoted off an old growth stump. The thing was tall, wide, very solid, great materials and had an excellant approach and tranny. it was there for less than 72 hours before somebody cut it up with a chainsaw and rolled the remains down a hillside. I never got to ride it. :(

total lameness
I understand. I actually meant some of the newer ones that are cropping up. Kickers and skinnies in the brushy area.

AND why the heck would someone do that? I've seen some of the other demolished stunts lying around. No reason for destroying someone's hard work to make a point. Whatever that point is?

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
zdfg said:
I understand. I actually meant some of the newer ones that are cropping up. Kickers and skinnies in the brushy area.

AND why the heck would someone do that? I've seen some of the other demolished stunts lying around. No reason for destroying someone's hard work to make a point. Whatever that point is?
Totally agreed. I haven't seen the new stuff yet....

The weird thing is, whoever tore the good stunts apart, left the really poorly built ones alone. wtf? I don't mean to sound bitter (I didn't build there) but some people were actually getting really excited about having some easy stunts to practice on, and were excited to help maintain / build things properly. However, whats the point in helping if someone's going to tear it all out?

rant over....

trying to DL your video, my connection sux...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.