Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever encountered this?

We had a friend coming over for dinner tonight to watch a movie with my wife, so we picked up Papa Murphy's big old Chicago style tons of bread. I ate my usual 2 peices, and then threw on my exercise clothes and headed to the garage for my hour on the trainer while they started their movie.

After about 20 minutes in I started to bonk, but I was able to push myself to 30 minutes afterwhich I couldnt do it at all any more. I've been doing 1 to 1.5 hours every night for a couple weeks now since I got the trainer pushing myself from 130 to 170 bpm in intervals. It didn't make sense why I was just wasted after only 30 minutes, and had only hit 150bpm once.

At any rate, I came inside and got undressed and headed for the shower, and in those few short minutes my entire body (from the knees up) was covered in dime size welts. I initially though a spider had gotten me, but after thinking about it, it would take several to cover the area of my body that fast, and someone should still be hanging around, but there was no evidence of that.

After taking my shower, I did some quick google searches and it seems to fit this "Exercise induced anaphylaxis" to the tee. As anyone ever experienced this before? Is something like this dangerous enough to really carry an Epi pen, or can I just get away with not eating wheat before excercise?

-Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I've gone into anaphylaxis shock...

and it doesn't quite sound like you had that. You wouldn't have had time to go change and take a shower. I would go see your Dr. and explain what happened, and show him/her the welts if you still have any. But if they do diagnose anaphylaxis, I would highly recommend the Epi-Pen. I carry one from now on because if I have another attack like I did that day I won't be here any longer if help isn't close.
 

·
sunnyside up
Joined
·
1,193 Posts
sounds like you inhaled a bug or got bit by one, or there was something in the pizza you are allergic to, or touched something else that caused a systemic allergic reaction.

I would talk to your doctor about it though.

Patty
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top