Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
more beers, lees gears.
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one recomend a good Exercise bike?

I have seen the ones at the sporting good stores. They dont seem natural or bike related. More for non bikers. They have a 15" wide tractor seat, and short crank arms.

I have a trainer, but dont care for the odd wear & tear on my drivetrain & tire, and I cant do rollers.

Any good stationary exercise bike options? I'd like to be able to slap my own pedals & maybe seat so I feel at home on either my mountain bike or the trainer.

I have seen some that look like this, that seem to be close to a real bike set up.

any thoughts or recommendations?

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
mattKHS said:
Any one recomend a good Exercise bike?

I have seen the ones at the sporting good stores. They dont seem natural or bike related. More for non bikers. They have a 15" wide tractor seat, and short crank arms.

I have a trainer, but dont care for the odd wear & tear on my drivetrain & tire, and I cant do rollers.

Any good stationary exercise bike options? I'd like to be able to slap my own pedals & maybe seat so I feel at home on either my mountain bike or the trainer.

any thoughts or recommendations?
Always good to get one that provides and measures Watts, HR, Speed, Mileage, Time, etc... and has built in pre-progammed rides (hill climbs, intervals, sprints, etc...). There is a company called Derri-Air that makes adaptors for exercise bikes so you can run your normal, regular bike seat on the exercise bike instead of those big, wide tractor seats. I own a Life Fitness (Life Cycle) C7i and ordered the adaptor from Derri-Air to run my normal saddle on it. I use this exercise bike during the winter season in the house to avoid riding outside in the below 0 weather and to avoid having to ride out in the dark. So it usually gets 3 months of hard use. Glad the clocks get changed on March 11th this year!

Here's the Derri-Air website:

http://www.derri-air.com/exercise-bike-seat-adaptors.htm

BB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.