Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Keep The Rubber Side Down
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this picture at work and found it interesting for a much deeper reason than the obvious. As a man, a cyclist, and a beer lover (Moose Drool Ale), I couldn't agree more with the trinity displayed on this cyclist's jersey. What surprised me was to see it on a woman. Not because women don't enjoy any of the things these symbols represented, but because I've never met a female cyclist who would be as open as guys are, who would talk about all three of these things while in the context of being around a bunch of cyclist.

Have I been blind? or did I miss the memo?

So please, give me your thoughts on this jersey. Do you agree with it's message? If yes, why? If no, why not? would you wear one?

My statements come from simple curiosity. I am not sexist. In advance, I thank you for your honest answers.

Attachments

·
Banned
226 Posts
Mellow Yellow said:
I got this picture at work and found it interesting for a much deeper reason than the obvious. As a man, a cyclist, and a beer lover (Moose Drool Ale), I couldn't agree more with the trinity displayed on this cyclist's jersey. What surprised me was to see it on a woman. Not because women don't enjoy any of the things these symbols represented, but because I've never met a female cyclist who would be as open as guys are, who would talk about all three of these things while in the context of being around a bunch of cyclist.

So please, give me your thoughts on this jersey. Do you agree with it's message? If yes, why? If no, why not? would you wear one?

My statements come from simple curiosity. I am not sexist. In advance, I thank you for your honest answers.
Bikes, beers and what is on the bottom?

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Goes along with my favorite shirt from Mikuni's Sushi in Sacramento, CA. "Sushi, Chocolate, Sex in that order". What I'm surprised at is that guys have to ask. Where did she get that jersey? I want one now, too. It would make a fantastic trailhead conversation piece.

Fiona

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
It's cute. Not offensive but not my taste either b/c some things go without saying!

·
Banned
226 Posts
Fiona said:
Goes along with my favorite shirt from Mikuni's Sushi in Sacramento, CA. "Sushi, Chocolate, Sex in that order". What I'm surprised at is that guys have to ask. Where did she get that jersey? I want one now, too. It would make a fantastic trailhead conversation piece.

Fiona
Yeah...a great conversation piece. Next thing you know, you will be asked out, then creating a "I knocked out a quicky on the trail" thread. It is a cool shirt. who is the chick, I must have her.

·
Am I getting too bulky?
800 Posts
A little research yielded this. Apparently a club/team based in Iowa. Even women from Iowa like beer and sex! Who would have figured? :D

https://teamskin.org/

Oh, and her name is Darcy, and it seems she's more than just a pretty face.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Indeed, the ladies' jerseys should substitute the beer with chocolate. Women love beer too, but chocolate is a slower, more sensuous way to get a gut :p

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
no, i wouldn't wear that jersey...

Mellow Yellow said:

althought it is kind of funny, and i did race for teams called "Tiny Heinie & the Ass Clowns" and "Team Menstrual Cycles". so the short answer is: women can be just as crude as guys and if you don't think they can then you haven't been paying close enough attention.

rt

·
Registered
922 Posts
not my taste either but it would certainly be acceptable here in Austin.

Most of the women I know that might like it would like it better if it was two women on the bottom. :rolleyes:

IN fact my close friend's favorite saying is somthing like "Bikes, Beer, Babes, & Burgers in any order". I bet the other Austin posters here know who I'm talking about too. :D

I think I've net Darcy before too.

·
Glue Sniffer
553 Posts
*rt* said:
women can be just as crude as guys and if you don't think they can then you haven't been paying close enough attention.
I disagree with this emphatically.

I am much more crude than the guys.

·
Glue Sniffer
553 Posts
If it is a women's cut jersey, why is the dude on the bottom so high up on her?

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
The reaction would be quite different, I think,

if a male was wearing it. Hence the original post. A memo was, indeed, lost.

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
Berkeley Mike said:
if a male was wearing it. Hence the original post. A memo was, indeed, lost.
the reaction by whom? women? i don't think that most women would find that jersey all that offensive on a guy either.

i really don't think that we (women, particluarly women who mtb) are the delicate flowers that many of you guys seem to think we are. there was no memo on this, we just entered the 21st century.

but, maybe that's just me. IMO there are far worse/more offensive things that could be plastered on the front of a jersey.

rt

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
*rt* said:
the reaction by whom? women? i don't think that most women would find that jersey all that offensive on a guy either.

i really don't think that we (women, particluarly women who mtb) are the delicate flowers that many of you guys seem to think we are. there was no memo on this, we just entered the 21st century.

but, maybe that's just me. IMO there are far worse/more offensive things that could be plastered on the front of a jersey.

rt
Are you always so tactful. And Team Tinyheinies? has a nice ring to it.
Omly in the womens lounge do I laugh tis much. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts