Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is looking for a relatively easy and very light weight way to set up your fatbike tubeless (or any bike really). 15 bucks gets you a 5 1/4" x 18' excercise band on amazon, take a ~3 foot strip and a little spray glue, overlap the ends a few inches, poke a tiny hole for the tubeless valve and there you have it. No tape, no tape residue, and it weighs next to nothing.

Set my tires up 2 days ago, no sealant and still holding the 15 psi I put in them. I havent ridden on them yet, but I dont forsee any issues.

(Yes this is a DIY knockoff of the fatty stipper system)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000LT2PDK/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Table Tin Fluid Aluminum can Liquid

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I try to only use certified organic locally grown latex excercise bands whenever I can, but they are out of season right now.

Fatty Strippers are easier, but I certainly wouldn't call this difficult. If spraying a strip of adhesive and poking a hole are beyond your capabilities, this hack might not be for you.

Also, for 15 bucks I also have 18' of it, probably enough for 4 sets of tires....and it arrived on my doorstep the day after I ordered it, with a bunch of other stuff...

Hopefully when Jeff Bezos takes over the world he will see my order history and give me some non labor intensive menial task in his new world empire...and still let me ride my bike.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Not stalking you. All the posts here can be seen by all and show up in bold for unread.

But maybe you shouldn't be so arrogant towards people on this forum at times. Was the Amazon comment directed at the OP really necessary?
The problem isn't with Amazon, the problem is with the OP and you not writing your post centered on the page, thus making it harder to read.
Everyone knows that to make a good writer, you should center all paragraphs.
Oh, and while Amazon/Bezos is evil, he did let Shatner fly into space, so that's a +1 for him.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I try to only use certified organic locally grown latex excercise bands whenever I can, but they are out of season right now.

Fatty Strippers are easier, but I certainly wouldn't call this difficult. If spraying a strip of adhesive and poking a hole are beyond your capabilities, this hack might not be for you.

Also, for 15 bucks I also have 18' of it, probably enough for 4 sets of tires....and it arrived on my doorstep the day after I ordered it, with a bunch of other stuff...

Hopefully when Jeff Bezos takes over the world he will see my order history and give me some non labor intensive menial task in his new world empire...and still let me ride my bike.
Oh hell...once Jeff Bezos see your order he's going to give you a ride into space!!!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
The problem isn't with Amazon, the problem is with the OP and you not writing your post centered on the page, thus making it harder to read.
Everyone knows that to make a good writer, you should center all paragraphs.
Oh, and while Amazon/Bezos is evil, he did let Shatner fly into space, so that's a +1 for him.
I don't have horse in this race, but this is really funny. Well done. Hopefully Mike can laugh at it too.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
This is similar to using Surly's wide 75mm PVC rim tape (for a 100mm external Clown Shoe rim) for as a tubeless seal on a 26" Marge Lite (65mm external) rim. This work very well, but it seems only the narrower nylon rim tape is now available, although both are listed on Surly's site.

Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.