Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Team BikeWood
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to share my recent experience with SC. Last Tue. while cleaning my Blur I noticed a crack in the upper swinglink. Wednesday morning I sent an email to the SC warranty dept. explaining what I found and my concerns about the bike being unrideable since I had a 24 hr. race in a few days. One hour and 25 minutes later I got an email from Willie at Santa Cruz stating that he had just dropped a replacement part in the mail for me. No questions asked. I bought the bike at the end of '02 so technically it's out of warranty, but they didn't even ask. 48 hours after I sent the email, I had the part in my hand and the bike was rideable again. Kudos to Santa Cruz for such excellent customer service.

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
Good to hear

I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to get ahold of SC warranty via phone - without luck. I've called 5 times and left 2 messages. I was told to call warranty via an email with a SC customer service rep. I guess I should have emailed. I'll try that next.

·
Team BikeWood
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cowDawg said:
I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to get ahold of SC warranty via phone - without luck. I've called 5 times and left 2 messages. I was told to call warranty via an email with a SC customer service rep. I guess I should have emailed. I'll try that next.
I tried to call first, but also didn't get an answer. I went ahead and emailed the warranty dept. from the link on their website and that's where I got the quick response.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
I too had excellent results dealing with Willie via E-mail. When I originally got my VP Free, there was some slop in the lower linkage. I e-mailed a picture to Willie of the problem part, and he dropped one in the mail the very next day.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
I had a warranty realted question and I did the email route, it worked FAST. Seems like some people prefer email over a real human voice. I prefer the human voice, it is hard to describe bike issues via email

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Yup.

Willie has been amazing - when I had a number of problems with my Blur(s), I contacted Willie & co. and he said send it in again. It was the end of last season - I had just podiumed at a 24 hour race at the end of the season, so if needed it was a good time to send her back in. A few days later I get a call form Willie; "What color would you like Glen?" was the question. No discernable defects, but something was wrong, and after exhausting many attempted fixes, he figured it may be a lemon and would ship a spankin' new one.

Rides great, looks beautiful and the lower pivots last more than a week now, and the shock bushings have been on there for MONTHS! Amazing....

(if you're curious, search trhe SC forum for "glenzx" threads and see the saga(s) if yer bored)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.