Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We are developing a trail within a metro area park and I need some examples of info typically found on the trailhead kiosk.

I'd also like examples of the specific wording for liability dislaimers such as ride at your own risk etc.

Thanks

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
sick4surf said:
Hi,

We are developing a trail within a metro area park and I need some examples of info typically found on the trailhead kiosk.

I'd also like examples of the specific wording for liability dislaimers such as ride at your own risk etc.

Thanks
for the liability part, you'll want to consult with a lawyer who is familiar with your state's laws. If you ask around, you should be able to find a cycling or rec oriented lawyer who will review your documents gratis as a commnunity service.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
a research lead

I saw a great sign this summer on the Flume Trail at Lake Tahoe. It was in a Nevada State Park, and explained very succinctly why it was a good idea to wear a helmet. In no nonsense language, it explained how much force (or how little) it took to cause head injuries, and how those forces were easily generated in a fall from a bicycle. I'm sure if you contact Nevada State parks you could get the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.