Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
chain suck ex9

PointBoy said:
My Fuel suffers from chain suck too; I have not been able to fix the problem.
are you guys talking about the chain coming off the small ring at times. I made a chain stay for the the ex bikes to keep the chain on the small ring is that what you are talking about?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Dale said:
are you guys talking about the chain coming off the small ring at times. I made a chain stay for the the ex bikes to keep the chain on the small ring is that what you are talking about?
Yeah I am talking about the chain falling off when switching from the middle ring to the small ring.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Krunk said:
Anyone have problems with Chain Suck on the EX9? Or any other FS. Don't get me wrong I love this bike but the Chain suck Blows. What can I do to get rid of it?
It's called chain drop and Fuels are famous for it. Most bikes have it to some degree, though. There are chain keepers on the market to keep the cain from dropping.

On my Fuel 98, changing to XT chain rings got rid of most of the problem. Removing the big ring and adding a bash guard...also shortening the chain, got red of the rest.

I even have that issue occasionally on my much lauded Turner 5 Spot.

edit: I forgot to mention...first make sure that the front derailler is properly adjusted...that helps a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.