Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have any honest opinions on these two bikes? I've demo'ed them both but am having trouble deciding. I'm weighing in at around 255lbs.....will they hold up?

any advice/info/opinions would be appriciated....thanks.

G

·
Both really good bikes. Both have lifetime on frames, but I don't know how that works with 'large and fit' riders. What about a Remedy? Way beefier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked into a Remedy, but unfortunately a little out of my price range. I'm pretty much maxed out at $2500ish. Test rode both of them again this morning... 18.5" Trek and a 19" Fisher. As of right now....still a toss up. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Go for Trek EX8

I just bought a Trek Ex8 and I love it. I weight about 200 pounds and it feels very solid. The GF are also nice but you can never swap out the fork because they are all offset for the G2 geometry. My vote is for the EX8 :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
My wife and I have rented both and liked the EX8 most. That's not a knock on the Fisher, and I wonder if racers might like it more. I was impressed with the Remedy 9 I rode and would choose it first if there was no budget limiting me with the Trek I could choose.

Have fun shopping and riding.

·
Resident Bigfoot Expert
97 Posts
I rode both (along with the Stumpy FSR) prior to buying my EX8. For me, it was an immediate decision as the EX8 seemed to fit me better (5'-7" 135 lbs). If you have the opportunity, be sure to take both out and put in a bit of time on them, not just a lap around the parking lot.

·
Hardcore, in my own way.
121 Posts
I am about 5'11" 155lbs and I between the GF Hifi Deluxe and the Trek, I chose the 18.5" EX8. For me, it came down to the ABP system. I could actually feel a difference in my test rides.

I think you will probably enjoy either one to be honest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.