Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any issues with the Fox Float RL fitted to their 08 Fuel EX8?

Mine seems to work fine, but when travelling quickly over a bumpy surface i.e. small rocks, there is a knocking from the fork which is like having a loose headset. Anyone had this and fixed it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I actually took my bike back over that very issue. LBS said I had the rebound to slow. I sped the rebound up and sure enough it went away, but It still ticks me off. I don't know why fox put so many clicks of rebound adjustment if you can only use half of them. Yes I know you would never want your rebound that slow, but still. I tryed 6 different brand new bikes with the same fork while there and they all do it if you slow the rebound too much. We pulled my 07 that I had just traded in and tryed it. No knock, no matter how slow you had the rebound. Just on of those (improvements) between the 07 and 08 i guess.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pedal-pusher said:
I actually took my bike back over that very issue. LBS said I had the rebound to slow. I sped the rebound up and sure enough it went away, but It still ticks me off. I don't know why fox put so many clicks of rebound adjustment if you can only use half of them. Yes I know you would never want your rebound that slow, but still. I tried 6 different brand new bikes with the same fork while there and they all do it if you slow the rebound too much. We pulled my 07 that I had just traded in and tried it. No knock, no matter how slow you had the rebound. Just on of those (improvements) between the 07 and 08 i guess.
I don't think I have my rebound too slow. I actually added an extra click at the weekend as the bike was bouncing back at me when I went off rocks about 12" high. I think I had it at Fox's recommended setting for my weight (around 200 pounds with riding kit).

There is an old thread on the suspension forum that mentions two washers in the damping assembly that the oil adheres to and if you sand them lightly it corrects things. That thread was written in 2004 so I don't know if it is relevant to the latest Fox forks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
leaks

Don't know about the knocking issue, but I sent my fork back due to it leaking air. I would pump it up to about 70 psi and it would be down to about 50 psi and severely bottoming out within an hour of riding. Funny thing is it would not leak without the bike being ridden. I am ringing the shop on tomorrow to find out how things are going - I really miss riding and forking out for a new bike only to have the fork fail within the first month really sucks:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.