Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Said I'd try to get some photos up when I finally had my old frame done.
Here's the most recent build. Set up as a 1 X 9 as I could never really use my granny anyway. If I got a good chainline for the middle ring, (Never used a big ring on it...Threshold bashring there...) I couldn't get the granny right. The short chainstays just wouldn't allow. (15.9") So, I figured, why keep all of that crap on the bike?

Hmmm...what else? N-Gear Jumpstop, new tires. WTB Weirwolfs 2.3fr/2.1r, Big Cheese grips just because,(and I thought that the grip flange would better balance look with the shifter on the right.) New Cane Creek Direct Curve 5 brakes front and rear. WAY more rear brake power than I used to have. With my old Avid SD7's the cable had to come off of the last stop, out, around, and up to reach the "noodle" and then do the 90 degr. bend. I run Paul's brake levers and without a return spring in their design, the brake's springs just never gave it a snap back.
BTW, this bike is my main rig. It gets ridden a lot.
Anyway. Just thought that I'd post some photos. Hope that the link works.

http://www.sendpix.com:80/albums/07020107/7fwavlkfjt/

Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll figure another way to post them. I'm pretty much computer illiterate though.

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
Eastcoaster said:
Said I'd try to get some photos up when I finally had my old frame done.
Here's the most recent build. Set up as a 1 X 9 as I could never really use my granny anyway. If I got a good chainline for the middle ring, (Never used a big ring on it...Threshold bashring there...) I couldn't get the granny right. The short chainstays just wouldn't allow. (15.9") So, I figured, why keep all of that crap on the bike?

Hmmm...what else? N-Gear Jumpstop, new tires. WTB Weirwolfs 2.3fr/2.1r, Big Cheese grips just because,(and I thought that the grip flange would better balance look with the shifter on the right.) New Cane Creek Direct Curve 5 brakes front and rear. WAY more rear brake power than I used to have. With my old Avid SD7's the cable had to come off of the last stop, out, around, and up to reach the "noodle" and then do the 90 degr. bend. I run Paul's brake levers and without a return spring in their design, the brake's springs just never gave it a snap back.
BTW, this bike is my main rig. It gets ridden a lot.
Anyway. Just thought that I'd post some photos. Hope that the link works.

http://www.sendpix.com:80/albums/07020107/7fwavlkfjt/

Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll figure another way to post them. I'm pretty much computer illiterate though.
Hey Eascoaster,

The link works fine.
Nice to see it in it's new gear. I really like that bash guard it looks very bad a$$ :thumbsup:

I also like the Cane Creek brakes, such a clean look.

I'm rockin the 2.3 Ritchey Z max on mine, so far so good.

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for saving my post...

Beginning to think that the EWR wasn't enough in th Title...
Know it's been mentioned before but...any chance of an EWR owner ride in the making?
I don't care if it's winter...
Let's round 'em up!
Thanks for the kind comments.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
That is a seriously sweet machine.
I thought about getting one in college, then wavered and when I called back they had gone under. Probably better that I didn't order.
I have always loved those woods bikes, right now I ride a similar machine, a custom OX-Platinum/ 853 Tom Teesdale with all the modern goodies, plus 16" chainstays with enough clearance for a Tioga 2.3, and XC Pro thumbshifters.
Care to give us the geometry details- wheelbase, etc?

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
any chance of an EWR owner ride in the making? I don't care if it's winter... Let's round 'em up! Thanks for the kind comments.[/QUOTE said:
I feel the same way, I'm just not a good organizer. If someone ever gets sets a date and place i'll be there :)

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
uphiller said:
Care to give us the geometry details- wheelbase, etc?
Woods Bike
head tube angle 72 degrees
seat tube angle 73.5 degrees
chainstay length 15.9"
bb height 12.5"

tt
16" = 21 1/2"
17.5" = 22 1/8"
19" = 23 1/4"

tubes 4130

the catalog does not list the wheelbase

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bashring is by Threshold

I like supporting local product when I can.
Known in the trials world big time.
webcyclery carries them
I had him make me up two in black as he's in Quarryville, PA.
Burly....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.