Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Numbers??

I wish EWR would post the geometry for this frame. Looking at the pictures, it seems to have a pretty long stem when compared to their 26" frames.

Makes me wonder about the ETT?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ottoreni said:
I wish EWR would post the geometry for this frame. Looking at the pictures, it seems to have a pretty long stem when compared to their 26" frames.

Makes me wonder about the ETT?
It's a prototype but here's the current numbers... the effective top-tube lengths are 23.5" on the Med and 24.5 on the Large.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
MMcG said:
That number for the Medium sounds like it would be spot on for you Ottoreni!
That's the same ETT as my Asylum. I'd like it maybe 5-10mm longer, to run a 90mm stem vs 100mm, but still the number sounds good.

Now I just need to know the chainstay length....hopefully it is close to 17".

I am happy to see the old style graphics. I am really hoping they make some frames with the old graphics for old folks like me. The new graphics are nice. The old, are much nicer.

I have my new Hadley rear hub I picked up from Jenson for < $90.....now I just need a frame to put it on.;)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Ti post would be sweet

xjbebop said:
...that's a lot of exposed seatpost....:skep:
Having a nice ti post exposed like that would sure give a sweeeeet ride:thumbsup: .

My Q has 9.5" exposed and it is great.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Ottoreni said:
That's the same ETT as my Asylum. I'd like it maybe 5-10mm longer, to run a 90mm stem vs 100mm, but still the number sounds good.

Now I just need to know the chainstay length....hopefully it is close to 17".

I am happy to see the old style graphics. I am really hoping they make some frames with the old graphics for old folks like me. The new graphics are nice. The old, are much nicer.

I have my new Hadley rear hub I picked up from Jenson for < $90.....now I just need a frame to put it on.;)
Sounds like it could come down to this frame or a Medium Monkey Butt eh?

A Medium MB would be spot on for ya at 24" ett!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Camera Angle?

Is it the camera angle? Looking at the profile shot of the bike, it seems the saddle end is in line with the rear axle. The stated chainstay length is 17.43". This seemed long at first, but looking at the picture, the rear wheel looks like is nicely tucked under the seat.

Is this due to the 73 degree STA or is it the angle the picture was taken at?

You geo gurus have any theories?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the interest everyone. I will address the questions as best as I can.

The geometry posted is correct. It is prototype geometry and it is subject to change. I am really stoked on how it rides, and I think our intended goal of creating a similar ride and feel of the 26ers is right there.

The head angle works great with the 09' fork offset. It really shreds corners at speed and does not tuck under when going slower. I have a DS DH and BMX background, so how a bike handles and cranks over it critical to my fun factor. I was screaming my head off @ the M.A.S.S. Neshaminy race this weekend because I was just scorching the corners, and the exit speeds I could carry were such a rush. It also corners well at slower speeds, is nimble and flickable. I also have a heavy trials background, so I like a ride that accomodates that kind of balance requirement. The front end design is this way for a purpose, which makes so much sense on the 29er - trying to keep lateral flex to a minimum for pinning corners, direction changes and sprinting. I wracked my brain to come up with these numbers, and it seems all worth it.

Same goes for the chainstay lengnth. Stable, rips corners and changes lines instinctually, and climbs like crazy. I think you can go too short, but that is my opinion. BB height plays a roll in how well a bike wheelies and manuals, My style of riding is based around the rear wheel -- turning off of it, always wheelying, manuals everywhere and around corners. It is too much fun.

Top Tubes are 23.7 and 24.6, med and large respectively. I am still trying new setups for bar height and stem length, but I feel we are in the ballpark here.

Seat tube lengths are 17.5 and 18.5, with effective standovers of 27.47 and 29.21 eff.. I always liked how the longer post extension lends a bit of compliance to my stiff rear end design, in the right way.

Please feel free to email me for more information, or stay in touch at ww.ewrbikes.com

Thanks again,

Jay de Jesus/H.M.F.I.C. -- EWR Bikes, LLC.
w: www.ewrbikes.com
e: [email protected]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.