Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Mountain said:
Evolver has caught my eye. What's the oil on it ?~?
Well, I've not used one, but from those who have, it sounds like Manitou finally came up with an air shock that works well for bigger bikes. The Nomad guys seem to run the "extra" adjustables of the ISX 6 at full open, so it seems the ISX 4 might be a more economical choice for VPP??? I don't know if horst link bikes would benefit more from the fine tuning options. Any ideas?

Hopefully somone will use it on a horst link bike and fill us in!

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Rollin', don't use my Nomad/Evolver compression settings as a major case. I've only started on this shock, and since it has no specific setup info from SC...or anybody else as far as I can tell...things may change. Also, I set up a fairly soft suspension for my preferences. I didn't check when I ordered mine, but how much cheaper is the ISX-4?

I will say this Evolver series appear to have a nicely progressive damper. Whereas most air shocks have an almost too soft mid-stroke on a long travel bike, this one seem ideally suited to an air medium. Most of the other high quality air shocks I've tried seem like they have a damper more suited for coil characteristics instead of air.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TNC said:
Rollin', don't use my Nomad/Evolver compression settings as a major case. I've only started on this shock, and since it has no specific setup info from SC...or anybody else as far as I can tell...things may change. Also, I set up a fairly soft suspension for my preferences. I didn't check when I ordered mine, but how much cheaper is the ISX-4?

I will say this Evolver series appear to have a nicely progressive damper. Whereas most air shocks have an almost too soft mid-stroke on a long travel bike, this one seem ideally suited to an air medium. Most of the other high quality air shocks I've tried seem like they have a damper more suited for coil characteristics instead of air.
Hey TNC, ah, I had to do some searching to figure out what you're talking about. I was NOT using input from your post. There's been a surge of new Nomad owners locally - several of whom quickly found the DHX-A a serious dissapointment (just as I did on the Supermoto last year), so there's been a lot of shock swapping and quite a bit of experimenting. This is actually how I came to know about the Evolver. Anyway, sounds like you've come to find the same thing as the folks I spoke with here - last I heard, anyway - I've been away from biking for the past three months...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.