Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who gets the chance to buy or try these wheels please share your thoughts. They're for sale on Evils sight at the moment. Looks like they're laced up to i9 hydras.

Here's a snippet from Spencer Johnson at Freehub who has a full written review for subscribers.

Evil Loopholes
WHEELSET REVIEW
Words by Spencer Johnson

Beyond their high-end construction, there’s one main reason you’ll see me riding Loopholes for the foreseeable future: the performance enhancing quality of Evil’s new carbon technology. I’m now able to hang on longer and ride harder than ever before and I can slap into tight corners with more confidence than ever. Evil’s lifetime warranty and American manufacturing offer further reason to take a serious look at the Loopholes if you’re thinking about buying a new set of carbon hoops. For me, riding these wheels was like getting a firsthand glimpse of how cutting-edge materials are going to enhance the future of mountain biking. More stoke and less pain—I’m here for it.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,331 Posts
Here is who makes the Fusion Fiber used on those wheelsets

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is who makes the Fusion Fiber used on those wheelsets

That's a good shout. Thanks mate🤘

·
Registered
14,394 Posts
Yeah.
I think with Chinese direct rims in the $180 price point becoming more and more reliable if not even pushing the envelope on design other high-end manufacturers are going to have to adapt or die.

Currently I'm faced with a $300 crash replacement on a Nox rim or buy one of the above. From A purely financial standpoint it seems like a no-brainer.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
So only able to buy with a Evil?
What are the specs.
Hub, how many spokes, what kind of spokes(c-X-ray?), what kind of nipples, what size bearings, what kind of bearings...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.