Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been loving my XL wreckoning for a couple of years now and although still in love I am thinking of trying something else.

The ripmo AF has caught my eye (ripmo v2 too expensive at the moment).

Anyone ridden both and care to comment? How do they compare? Or any other Evil to ripmo AF comparison?

Thanks!

·
Registered
938 Posts
One of these days I’ll know. I have a Calling with the travel reducer removed from the shock and a RAF waiting for a new caliper I broke during the bleeding process (wrong bleed block).

·
Registered
333 Posts
I went Insurgent - RipMo - Offering. As good/nimble/efficient as the RipMo is, the Delta is much more supple..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Currently own a decent build Wreckoning and like it a lot but it’s a chore up some of the steep North Wales mountains.

Got my heart set on building a Ripmo V2 as I haven’t reAlly heard a bad word said about he ripmo in any form (V1, V2 or AF).

I will demo first though.

Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
What did you end up getting? Anyone have seat time on both the Ripmo v2 and the new V3 Wreckoning?

·
Registered
938 Posts
My Ripmo AF climbs like a champ for a 36 lbs bike. I’ll agree the delta feels more plush (Calling).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Went form RIPMO (v1) to Offering

By comparison Ripmo climbs better, but felt nervous and tall and not nearly as balanced off lips and in the air. I find the Delta link more playful even on tame trails. Just more fun all around. Ripmo's strong suit is efficiency for travel.

I've ridden the V1 Wreckoning but it's been a while.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
By comparison Ripmo climbs better, but felt nervous and tall and not nearly as balanced off lips and in the air. I find the Delta link more playful even on tame trails. Just more fun all around. Ripmo's strong suit is efficiency for travel.

I've ridden the V1 Wreckoning but it's been a while.

Testing bikes last year my wife and I rode a Ripmo AF and a Wrekoning LB i found the AF to be better than the v1 Ripmo and now the V2 has the same progressive suspension. I didn't feel either would be a good replacement for my Riot. But she got the Wrekoning to replace her Process 153 gen 1.

She didn't feel the Ripmo climbed that much better to offset the better everything else on the trail the Wreckoning is good at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts