Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the the v3 with a fox x2 shock? Not sure to go with the std coil or pay the extra straight away and have the x2.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Is anyone running the the v3 with a fox x2 shock? Not sure to go with the std coil or pay the extra straight away and have the x2.
I tried a DPX2 on mine for a month, actually felt really good(I do like that shock and also ran one on my Orbea Rallon before switching to a DHX2), and saved a few pounds. I just put the stock coil back on.....still not sure which I liked better for everyday riding in NorCal. The cliches are all true for both, One seemingly feels better(less work) on the climbs but the traction and confidence descending is so much better of course on the other. Honestly with the coil I climb just as fast but it just feels like more work....I do run a 650lb spring..so that spring weighs a lot. I'm sure X2 feels great from a performance standpoint. Wreckoning is on the heavy side of the bike spectrum.....34-36lbs built up with Coil.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Right out of the gate, I had Fanatik build my custom Wreck 3 with an X2. I've spent very little time on the stock coil shock. I do like the poppier feel of air shocks. I've had some issues with the links/bearings - a loud squawk on harder hits. Cleaning and lubing helped quite a bit, but I think I might need to replace the bearings. I never had an issue like this with either my Following or my Offering...I wouldn't think that the X2 is to blame for this issue, but it's possible, and I've probably voided my warranty by doing this...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Right out of the gate, I had Fanatik build my custom Wreck 3 with an X2. I've spent very little time on the stock coil shock. I do like the poppier feel of air shocks. I've had some issues with the links/bearings - a loud squawk on harder hits. Cleaning and lubing helped quite a bit, but I think I might need to replace the bearings. I never had an issue like this with either my Following or my Offering...I wouldn't think that the X2 is to blame for this issue, but it's possible, and I've probably voided my warranty by doing this...
There's no reason why running an X2 should void your warranty.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I tried a DPX2 on mine for a month, actually felt really good(I do like that shock and also ran one on my Orbea Rallon before switching to a DHX2), and saved a few pounds. I just put the stock coil back on.....still not sure which I liked better for everyday riding in NorCal. The cliches are all true for both, One seemingly feels better(less work) on the climbs but the traction and confidence descending is so much better of course on the other. Honestly with the coil I climb just as fast but it just feels like more work....I do run a 650lb spring..so that spring weighs a lot. I'm sure X2 feels great from a performance standpoint. Wreckoning is on the heavy side of the bike spectrum.....34-36lbs built up with Coil.
Where did you find a DPX2 in the right fit? I looked in fox’s website and they didn’t list a 205x65...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
Where did you find a DPX2 in the right fit? I looked in fox’s website and they didn’t list a 205x65...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer available in that size for 2021. I bought it used off PB. Found a 2019 Performance Elite for $120.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts