Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Right but it's close. And the fork offset is the shortest in the range. It all factors in. I never will get hung up on Geo numbers again. Ride the bike and see how it feels. Evil knows what they're doing. I've made the mistake of looking at geo charts in the past and going, meh. Then actually getting on the bike and being blown away.
I do agree that geo charts can't tell you everything. I bought a used OG Hightower to keep at my work location and am still blown away by the 'dated' geo. I plan to upgrade my v1 Pivot Switchblade frame to the Offering v2 or 2021 Devinci Troy frame.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I do agree that geo charts can't tell you everything. I bought a used OG Hightower to keep at my work location and am still blown away by the 'dated' geo. I plan to upgrade my v1 Pivot Switchblade frame to the Offering v2 or 2021 Devinci Troy frame.

That's awesome man glad to hear it. Evil never has been super progressive in it's geo. They're always somewhere in the middle. The only thing progressive on this bike is the reach and super short offset fork. I made the mistake of looking at the Geo on the v3 Following and being disappointed.. until I rode it

·
Registered
862 Posts
At some point you can only go but so much slacker here and steeper there. I think Kevin and the Evil crew know what they're doing unlike SC that seems to release all their bikes with the same Geo. I'm not interested in the new Offering but have been a fan of Evil since my OG Wreckoning. Great company, solid products and you can bet the geo is dialed. Nice work Evil!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Offering v1 is already a superb frame, I think they were looking for things to change ... hard to imagine an increase in reach in an already longish frame is necessary. I'm 5' 8" and now right on the cusp between a small and medium.

Maybe there were commercial/manufacturing/marketing reasons to push an Offering update. Looks wise it now matches the Following and Wreck.

Caveat of "don't go by the geo chart" accepted.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Offering v1 is already a superb frame, I think they were looking for things to change ... hard to imagine an increase in reach in an already longish frame is necessary. I'm 5' 8" and now right on the cusp between a small and medium.

Maybe there were commercial/manufacturing/marketing reasons to push an Offering update. Looks wise it now matches the Following and Wreck.

I'm with you - nothing that makes me drool over the new frame vs the v1 which still rides as well as it did last week ;-) Likewise on size - I'm (maybe) 5'9" on a Med and can't imagine anything longer for my trails...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

I had a chat with the boys at Evil today. In reality the effective reach is only 1 centimeter longer than the V1 because of the STA. You'd be hard pressed to find someone out there that could tell the difference in a centimeter of reach and IF you're that unicorn that could, a shorter stem is always an option.

·
Registered
12,535 Posts
What are the delivery times looking like on the v.2 Offering? A few weeks? Few months? Sold out for the year already?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
What are the delivery times looking like on the v.2 Offering? A few weeks? Few months? Sold out for the year already?
I'm not sure. At first they were just selling the frames. Then they opened up some prebuilts on the website which sold out within a week BUT they stated back on release day that they would be opening prebuilt options in late January. They said the date but I can't remember what it was.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I was told sold out for rest of the year if you don't have one already ordered when I talked to them. I love mine and was trying to get another for my buddy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I was told sold out for rest of the year if you don't have one already ordered when I talked to them. I love mine and was trying to get another for my buddy.
They're trickling back in stock on the website. Size L is a available.

·
Registered
524 Posts
On evil’s website the GX complete is listed at $6134.00 but anywhere else online the bike is listed at $5700 (although not available yet). Anyone know which price is or will be correct? That’s a pretty big jump.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
On evil’s website the GX complete is listed at $6134.00 but anywhere else online the bike is listed at $5700 (although not available yet). Anyone know which price is or will be correct? That’s a pretty big jump.
Because the evil direct bikes come with different spec then the GX builds put together from another retailer. All of Evils prebuilts come with I9 Hydras. You won't get that elsewhere.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Because the evil direct bikes come with different spec then the GX builds put together from another retailer. All of Evils prebuilts come with I9 Hydras. You won't get that elsewhere.
Take a look at Wrench Science and other online retailers. Wheels are all the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It wasn't that price on their website the other day. I check in there fairly often. Either they jacked the price recently or there's an error. Hopefully my pre-order doesn't follow that pricing...I was already at the edge of my budget

·
Registered
279 Posts
My distributor was to expect the offerings late february. hopefully it's a conservative lead time but it's not bad at all compared to what other manufacturers are saying right now.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts