Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
You are joking right... it says following as I follow them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Wether it is the V2 following or a new Insurgent im just surprised they teased something. They're known for just smacking us in the face with a new bike without warning. It's gotta be a follow doh😏

·
Registered
60 Posts
I saw the new Offering in the flesh today. Freshly muddied from launch photos for a UK magazine. I have to say that consciously had to stop myself from drooling :D shouldn't be long now ...

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
66,4 HTA?? Must be a typo...
From the Evil site:

Evil said:
Want more flexibility? With Evil's aftermarket angle set, an additional four positions become available, allowing for a total of six potential configurations. Ride the Offering in the stock (LOW) orientation with ultra-efficient forward pedaling position, or in X-LOW with an aftermarket slack 1.5-degree angle set to increase your comfort zone in the steeps. Flip Chips place the rider where the rider wants to be.

·
So Cal Slayin'
120 Posts
Kind of an odd update to be honest. They pretty much made the reach unnecessarily longer and added superboost of course. If I was a V1 Offering owner still, I don’t think I’d be running out for the new one

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Kind of an odd update to be honest. They pretty much made the reach unnecessarily longer and added superboost of course. If I was a V1 Offering owner still, I don’t think I’d be running out for the new one
It's not unnecessarily long. It's byproduct of steepening the seat tube angle by one degree. Which is what you're seeing in most bikes these days. The reach doesn't really feel any longer because of the STA.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Except the actual STA isn’t nearly as steep as most new bikes we are seeing
Right but it's close. And the fork offset is the shortest in the range. It all factors in. I never will get hung up on Geo numbers again. Ride the bike and see how it feels. Evil knows what they're doing. I've made the mistake of looking at geo charts in the past and going, meh. Then actually getting on the bike and being blown away.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts