Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Total newb here. Most of us know by now there was a leak of the offering v2 and it was promptly taken down.

I think I cracked the code on the release date. A total aduhhhhh!

Nov 13! Why you may ask??

It happens to be Friday the 13th which is the same day the Following v3 released back in the spring! I'm so ready for this. What says you?!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must have missed the leak?
I originally discovered it elsewhere but the leak with an image and other findings were also posted on the last page of the main Evil offering thread on the first page.go check it out. There's a new color that's pretty kick-ass.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another key hint is that if you look at Fanatiks inventory of V1 offerings, they're phasing out. Normally, what you'd see is if a particular color and size in not in stock (example blackout drunk size L) they'd be on backorder or sold out. Instead what you see is nothing. The blackout drunk is gone and no longer and option and they have just a few left in the blue and green select sizes and I highly suspect that once those are gone you'll never see a v1 offered on thier website again.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The Offering was on my list of bikes to replace my V1 Following. I knew if I pulled the trigger on one the new version would be released right after.
So instead I went with a Revel Rascal.
The Rascal is better suited for the terrain I ride.
Sorry Evil.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Revel makes great bikes too. Can't go wrong there. I have the following V3 which is similar in some instances.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Evil Website says the Calling is sold out. Maybe that will be updated also

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
I think you're wrong. I actually email Evil about an Offering mid Oct. Told me they could invoice me so I could get one as soon as they came in. I was a little hesitant since I assume a new one is coming.

So based on what I read on here I emailed back asking if what he meant was a new Offering and this is what I got back.

"Hey .....,
Unfortunately I cannot comment on that accidental link. We will have the current Offering frame available towards the end of December. If that frame interests you I can create an invoice for you.
Let me know what you think!"

So yea, you don't announce a refresh while still getting the old frames in. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
don't disappoint me :( i was getting all excited about 13th Nov .... at least you got a reply from them , I've paid for a new version and they've told me nothing and ignored my email :(

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
don't disappoint me :( i was getting all excited about 13th Nov .... at least you got a reply from them , I've paid for a new version and they've told me nothing and ignored my email :(
How do you pay for something that hasn't been release?

·
Registered
860 Posts
The “current” offering frame is probably the “current” frame given whatever time it is once available. As for a Nov 13th launch? Well having an announcement in Nov with frames available in Dec doesn’t seem that crazy to me. I have no inside info and not interested in the Offering, just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
The “current” offering frame is probably the “current” frame given whatever time it is once available. As for a Nov 13th launch? Well having an announcement in Nov with frames available in Dec doesn’t seem that crazy to me. I have no inside info and not interested in the Offering, just my .02.

Why would anyone buy a current frame and wait til Dec if the new frames are coming in Dec?
That's all I was trying to say. From Evil's perspective, why announce a revision when you have a bunch of old ones coming in- then they have to go on clearance right away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
it is coming my local supplier has been told , i was going in for a Frank the Tank V1 but was advised to wait. i have committed to a V2

·
Registered
860 Posts
Why would anyone buy a current frame and wait til Dec if the new frames are coming in Dec?
That's all I was trying to say. From Evil's perspective, why announce a revision when you have a bunch of old ones coming in- then they have to go on clearance right away.
I’m trying to say the “current” frame is probably the new version as it will be the new “current” offering.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
I’m trying to say the “current” frame is probably the new version as it will be the new “current” offering.

Well that would be interesting to sell me a frame and not tell me it's different than what I'm ordering.

I mean this is coming straight from Evil.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Well that would be interesting to sell me a frame and not tell me it's different than what I'm ordering.

I mean this is coming straight from Evil.
Well clearly a new frame is coming regardless. They may have a shipment of existing frames coming but I can’t see smart people buying them unless they are discounted. That or the images of the new version are a hoax. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Well clearly a new frame is coming regardless. They may have a shipment of existing frames coming but I can’t see smart people buying them unless they are discounted. That or the images of the new version are a hoax. Good luck with your purchase.

Well that's why I held off. Just seems like a stupid move to get a shipment of old frames and have to immediately discount them.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I think you're wrong. I actually email Evil about an Offering mid Oct. Told me they could invoice me so I could get one as soon as they came in. I was a little hesitant since I assume a new one is coming.

So based on what I read on here I emailed back asking if what he meant was a new Offering and this is what I got back.

"Hey .....,
Unfortunately I cannot comment on that accidental link. We will have the current Offering frame available towards the end of December. If that frame interests you I can create an invoice for you.
Let me know what you think!"

So yea, you don't announce a refresh while still getting the old frames in. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
no denial of a v2 there.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts