Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New thread to share suspension setup and settings for the Offering.

Please share your fork and rear shock make/model/year and corresponding settings (Flip Chip - Low/XLow, Travel, SAG, LSC, HSC, LSR, HSR, and OTT - if applicable).

Let us know your height, weight, and riding style.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm in the process of swapping out my 2019 RockShox Lyric 150mm and Super Deluxe RC3 140mm with a 2019 DVO Diamond 140mm and Topaz 140mm.

I sent an email to DVO to request some recommended settings to get started out with. I also have a ShockWiz that I'll be running full-time to fine tune the suspension. I'll post my settings as soon as I get some initial runs in.

I'm 5'10", 170 lbs geared up, and will use this bike for trail riding in the Low setting. I'm seeking a playful/poppy setup as opposed to balanced.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why the switch from RS to DVO?
I'm going to swap back and forth. I'll leave the RS Lyric at 150mm for more aggressive trails and use the DVO at 140mm for the tamer stuff, not that I think the 10mm of travel difference will really feel that different. I also have the option of running the Lyric at 160mm travel. Ultimately, if there is not that much of a discernible difference, I'll sell one of the sets. You have to buy the frame with the Super Deluxe shock so that's how I ended up with that, and I got a smoking deal on a new Topaz.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm in the process of swapping out my 2019 RockShox Lyric 150mm and Super Deluxe RC3 140mm with a 2019 DVO Diamond 140mm and Topaz 140mm.

I sent an email to DVO to request some recommended settings to get started out with. I also have a ShockWiz that I'll be running full-time to fine tune the suspension. I'll post my settings as soon as I get some initial runs in.

I'm 5'10", 170 lbs geared up, and will use this bike for trail riding in the Low setting. I'm seeking a playful/poppy setup as opposed to balanced.
Recommended starting settings from Rob @ DVO for my weight (170 lbs) on the Offering:

For the Topaz start with 175 psi in the bladder/reservoir. Then about 195psi in the air can. That will get you close then adjust the air can pressure to get your correct sag. Start rebound at 3 clicks from open.

For the Diamond start with 115psi in the air side with 5 full rotations of OTT ( from - to +). 4 clicks of high speed compression and start rebound at 10 clicks from open

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

I'm pretty sure that the Shockwiz is useless on the Diamond fork due to it having a negative preload spring=OTT. I think there is mention of this in the shock wiz thread.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have been playing with my super deluxe rear shock (stock one) and not yet found what I am happy with. It feels over damped and while it pedals and jumps well, it is harsher than I want it to be when I need it. Have low speed completely backed off now and rebound as fast as I can tolerate. I've been debating sending it off to Avalanche or being tempted by the deals on the Push 11-6 out there. I don't want to lose much playfulness though and while I don't care about the weight, I am not ready to dump that coin when my local trails are pretty smooth and its just the traveling that it leaves me wanting.

My front is an MRP Ribbon air and I LOVE that fork.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone Running no bands in SuperDelux per Evils recommended setup?

Noticed Evils posted set up recs. "zero tokens, 30% sag, LSC wide open, 4 licks rebound from full closed".

I'm assuming they mean bands (not tokens). But I had to pop in 2 just to prevent harsh bottom out on pretty standard aggro trails rides.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Reply to my own post

Kind of assumed the Offering RS SD stock tune was with 2 tokens like my previous Evils. Removed the 2 tokens I had in there and it's the best the bike has felt. Deviated from Evil's recs by adding 3 clicks of LSC from wide open.

Still considering another shock option to make up for my tendency to short natural doubles and land mid root wad. But i'm guessing theres not a shock designed with rider error in mind.

·
Heart Plumber
333 Posts
Hi, just starting to tune my Offering. Got a 36 Grip2 with 160 mm and the SdL that came with the bike. X-low setting.
I m 85 kg (187 lbs) fully geared. 195 psi, LSC 4 clicks from open..

The thing is that although I have my sag at 30% I notice to bottom the shock almost every ride. I ride it rough. So I guess some token are in order.

I thought the bike where more progressive. Love the bike though, pedals really well and the suspension works great. This week I ´ try the volume spacers...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my bike slightly used.. its a interesting build... including the 140 super deluxe ultimate but interestingly it came with a 160mm fox 36 fork.. which I never normally see a evil Off. with a similar setup.. I love the bike, perfect for sending jumps, the rear suspension feels more involved. I like the design!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone with a DPX2 have issue with connecting the shock pump? The connector is to long on my pump and it hits the frame. I am thinking of unbolting the shock at the top but they I can not cycle it with the pump on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does anyone with a DPX2 have issue with connecting the shock pump? The connector is to long on my pump and it hits the frame. I am thinking of unbolting the shock at the top but they I can not cycle it with the pump on.
I ended up getting this pump by bontrager for exactly that reason:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts