Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gurus,
I've had my Offering for nearly a year now. I'v been struggling with feeling too far over the front wheel while descending. I've increased the travel in the front to help balance the bike at 150mm front and 140mm rear. I'm still having some trouble when the rear shock heats up from use it sits higher in the travel still. It makes me feel too far forward and potentially like I will be bucked off. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Hightower CC V2
320 Posts
Slow rebound down in the rear? How much LSC are you running? May try opening that up as well. Also what's your sag? I just got my SD back from Suspension Syndicate. I had the Vorsprung Tractive tune done. This shock feels night and day better just riding around my local trails. Haven't been able to test it on anything high speed or gnarly just yet. I will get the chance this next weekend tho. I know its spending more money but its cheaper than buying a whole new shock and there's absolutely no point doing that when you can get this shock to perform pretty damn well

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
How hot is it getting? I presume an air shock? Has it been serviced recently?

And what climate are you in? Eg typical overnight and daytime temp?

I would suggest raising your handlebar 5 or 10mm first, then at least get a shock service as worn/dry seals will generate a huge amount of heat. A properly functioning shock generally won’t change noticeably under normal confitions, but if it does it’s air spring related

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.