Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
Yeah, what kind of riding? My friend has an imperial. Awesome! He moved the parts from his Session 77 frame that he selling to the Imperial. The Imperial was his street bike but it was a overkill for the street riding we do. He is going to order a D.O.C. for the street, ebay the session, and freeride the Imperial. His opinion is that the Imperial feels more like a freeride bike than an urban bike. When it was an urban setup it had an 80mil sherman firefly, hadley hubs, SS, avid juicy 5's. Steers like a surgical knife!

·
Registered
812 Posts
go for the transition, IMPs are hard to find now, and morphine will run you a bunch more cash then the transition, and check out transition's crash replacement policy, you can't go wrong buying a bike from them.

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
You don't need such a beefy frame for drops as small as 5 feet, get something along the lines of a trail or park if you like transition, D.O.C if you like evil, Scratch if you want a banshee.

All nice steel frames that will do much better at jumping and smaller drops(10 feet and below) than those other frames.

If you are willing to pay the price for an Imperial frame(900 new) then I might suggest you also check out nemesis project.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
shakenbakebaby said:
what fork do you guys reccomend for those bikes?
like the bike in my sig, and bikes like the evil and morphine. they can happily be run at 200mm of travel if you wished. but they're probably more versatile and handle better with about 150mm of travel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.