Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get into some urban/dj/park type riding. There's a used evil doc size small/reg for sale locally. I'm 6 ', 32" inseam and was looking for some input if this would work for me. I do a lot of free riding etc. on my size large SC bullit. This bike would be for messing around when i'm not mt. biking, so i was thinking that the small size would make it easier to throw around? I'll try it before buying too, but I don't really have any background in this type of riding, so i've got nothing to go on. Thanks for the input.
Mark

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a D.O.C I love it, best bike ever. I have a small/regular Im about 5'11", not sure of my inseam, but proabably around 32". It works great, I use mine for all mountain riding, and sometimes on climbs I wish it was a bit longer (my knee occasionally tags a shifter) but I wouldnt have wanted to get a large, it would probably be too long. Sounds like a small would fit you, but you should try riding it first.

DOCs are sick though, and out here in colorado Im pretty much the only one who rides one.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
If you're doing freeriding I'd go for the large, but for street/DJ go for the short.

I'm 6' and lanky and I feel comfortable on the short for goofing around, but I wouldn't want to ride trails on it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Definetly go for the reg. I had one for almost 3 years and loved it.

I am 5'11" w/32 inseam and I rode Ray's and street.

Here me now believe me later.

The DOC shines with 24's and a lowered fork.

Riding a molly now and IMHO it is a much better bike.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
I just mailed Evil about sizing and they thought a Regular D.O.C would be good for people up to about 6', for general riding.

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
This is my friends SM/RG DOC. Chris and I are both 6' with 33"inseams, the bike is perfect. I just commented on this fact the other day to him. We can't imagine what the long would be like. Def, not for urban(large frame that is) unless you're Lebron James.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts