Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently they’re looking for an increase of around 5mm and more progressiveness on the suspension curve.

Is there enough room at full compression for another 5mm?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought a CC link for my Transition Sentinel. No hype or BS, it truly made the bike better, up and down, and gaining few MM of travel.

I saw this in my email box this past week and it certainly has my interest but not sure if the Offering needs it. It's a awfully good, straight out of the box.

From my understanding, it does not change the geo or suspension travel, but increases the progression rate only.

I will be keeping a close eye on this one. Based on my limited experience with CC, I doubt they make stuff for the sake of making stuff.

·
MTB SOCAL
1,449 Posts
I'm tempted to buy an Offering, just to have an excuse to buy the Cascade link :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Curious on this one.... not too worried about more travel, but running a coil shock, increased progressiveness is interesting...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cascade link, plus coil shock and 160 fork = Wreckoning ST???

Could be rad. OTOH, is DELTA on the Offering progressive enough as is?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Wonder what it'd do with an X2?
That is my setup right now. Only one short ride so it is hard to give a meaningful review. First impression was positive though, felt good in the awkward chunk and didn't feel like it climbed any different.

Install was very straightforward, Evil just has a bunch of parts lol.

IMG_7955.jpg

IMG_7956.jpg

IMG_7957.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Curious to hear more of your thoughts about the link when you get more trail time on it.

I have a CC link for my Transition Sentinel and it was a game changer and provided a significant upgrade in performance, both in pedaling and rear end support. Offering has been so good straight out of the box (not that the Sent wasn't either), just making me take a quick pause before dropping another 250 in bike parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I so wish they made this for the Following MB and gained just a tad more travel :(
I thought the same thing, but as tight as the bottom out clearance is on that frame to begin with (especially with certain tires) I’m not sure if it would be possible...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anymore rides with the new link Calhoun?

Just got a Ohlins TTX22M coil for the Offering. Thinking this would be the optimal combo.

·
JRuss1524
83 Posts
That is my setup right now. Only one short ride so it is hard to give a meaningful review. First impression was positive though, felt good in the awkward chunk and didn't feel like it climbed any different.

Install was very straightforward, Evil just has a bunch of parts lol.

any more thoughts after spending some
time on it? I ride with an x2 as well and am really considering the CC links

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
any more thoughts after spending some
time on it? I ride with an x2 as well and am really considering the CC links
I haven’t had a lot of time on them. Right after they came in the good trails got snowed in. Rode them a couple times on the more mellow trails and didn’t notice much. Climbing feels the same but the trails weren’t too gnarly so I couldn’t get a feel for the progression increase. The bike rips though and it was pretty rare that I had any harsh bottom outs, but in some rock gardens it could get hung up and feel harsh. I bought the links to help with that but just sold the bike so now I have the links and Fox X2 for sale.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had $250 burning a hole in my pocket so I bought the link (not really but bought it anyways). Put it through it's paces with 2 good rides this past weekend.

My Offering has a DPX2 out back, running it about 190psi, 160-165 lbs rider weight. No changes after installing the link. Keep in mind, I am not a suspension geek. I pretty much set and forget until it doesn't feel right anymore, readjust and rinse and repeat. I prefer a slightly stiffer setup because I feel I can understand what is happening between the dirt and tires better. I'd say I would be considered a advanced rider in most circles, but definitely not a pro or a high-end expert class level guy.

Saturday was a 3 hour ride, 18 miles of fire road climbing for 3 miles of natural chunky singletrack. Not much to report other than I did notice a slight more support when off-the-saddle climbing and when speeds picked up on the single track and it got really rough, the back end was more responsive to the terrian than before.

Sunday, shorter day but I went to my go to training ground for enduro racing. Lots of short, but non-techy climbs with various DH options. This is where I noticed the effectivness of the increased leverage ratio. When speeds were high, alot of features to navigate over and/or through, the thought that went through my head was marshmellow. The rear end, especially in the rough or high speed turns was, the rear end felt like a nice, firm marshmellow pillow and the tire seemed much better planted on the ground. Not that I had a complaint with the Offering in stock form, but the planted and more responsive feeling provided more confidence. I can't say if the link helps wtih jumps, but I never bottomed out the rear end, even with some poorly executed jump lines.

In the end, the Offering link did not provide a immediate and very noticable difference like it did with my Transition Sentinel, but I do think the link offers some improvements to a already awesome bike. I could definitely feel the mid-stroke support, especially when speeds were high, ground got really rough and your white-knuckling through the trail....it simply provided more confidence. And that's all we are looking for anyways, to have more confidence in our equipment and skills to go faster and harder than before.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too had a hole burning in my pocket so I am giving the links a try. Also moving my fork to a 160mm Fox 36. I don't think I bottom out my 11/6 very much, so thinking with the increased leverage ratio towards the end of the stroke, I may back off my high speed compression a few clicks. Anyone else change their suspension setup after the link is installed?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts