Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

581 - 600 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wish I knew what his BB height is with the 27.5's on his wrecker.....Stock is 13.8, Calling BB is 13.3....I'm running 165mm cranks on my Wreckoning...if its anything over 13" I'd give it a try on my V3.
I would to, but
A. Evil doesn't recommend it.
B. You have to run a 190 fork

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lmao, homie really said “So there”. you guys take this **** way too seriously.

Don’t you think if evil was going to make more 27.5 bikes, you would see the freeriders on the prototypes instead of the 29ers?
And if you are so intent on a 27.5 bike, why don’t you just run the wreckoning with 27.5 wheels? No one’s stopping you.
I would to, but
A. Evil doesn't recommend it.
B. You have to run a 190 fork

·
Registered
60 Posts
I work for a small company designing product. We have to choose what we can do based on what will sell most first and foremost. Always sell the product with appeal to most customers. You'd never want to update the lesser sold bikes first (if the units sold are drastically less) unless you had the resources and budget to do them all at the same time. If they really are doing Offering first, that'd be why.

I would be surprised if they just ignored the 27.5 completely. There are plenty who prefer that size for ride style or body size. Maybe they'll venture into mullet territory too. Who knows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah but, the Insurgent was built around the 11/6 and now the new one won't even fit, how can that looks good for Evil?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yeah but, the Insurgent was built around the 11/6 and now the new one won't even fit, how can that looks good for Evil?
This makes no sense. I have a wreckoning lb with an 11-6 and the new one won't fit either as they went metric. Am I mad about it? No. Does it make evil look bad? No. 27.5 sales are down in the gutter. Companies are going to concentrate on what sells and 27.5 ain't it chief.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
Lol, didn’t realize everyone needs 27.5 wheels because they ride at the level of Rampage riders
I've already have an Orbea Rallon that's a 170/170 29er.....been waiting on a new Insurgent so I picked up a Wreckoning V3 just to buy something new....now just for curiosity's sake I wanted to see if 27.5s would work on it..... since there doesn't seem to be a new Insurgent on the Horizon according to guys at Evil. I was told to not hold my breathe for one....Unfortunately/fortunately I just sold my Insurgent V1 and Calling for great prices...or I would have already threw a set on to see......

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've already have an Orbea Rallon that's a 170/170 29er.....been waiting on a new Insurgent so I picked up a Wreckoning V3 just to buy something new....now just for curiosity's sake I wanted to see if 27.5s would work on it..... since there doesn't seem to be a new Insurgent on the Horizon according to guys at Evil. I was told to not hold my breathe for one....Unfortunately/fortunately I just sold my Insurgent V1 and Calling for great prices...or I would have already threw a set on to see......
Who at Evil told you that there wasn't a new Insurgent on the horizon? Because they seem to keep everything a secret.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wv3 with 170 fork runs 355mm theoretical BB height in LOW.

27.5 x 2.6 is about 15mm drop from 29 x 2.4.

So you’ll end up at 340mm static BB height.

If you can live with that, it sounds like the perfect bike.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Because FUN.

I run my Offering v1 like that with a 50 stroke shock to get 130mm.

It’s a Calling that can take 2.6 tires with updated geo and a BB that is stable as hell.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did anyone here that Aggy is leaving Evil? Is that a sign, will they not be offering a bike that fits him (27.5=Insurgent)?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Because there is massive demand and significantly reduced production. Some orders from other companies wont be fulfilled until the end of the year.
Because there is massive demand and significantly reduced production. Some orders from other companies wont be fulfilled until the end of the year.
I don't know, Evil seems to do a good job. People were getting Offering days after it was released.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I just want to get a sense of how many people want an Insurgent V3?
I'd Sell my Wreckoning V3 for one....unless it's shades of black and gray. My slimeball V1 was my favorite bike.....and I've got a few.

581 - 600 of 609 Posts