Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

561 - 580 of 613 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
No point in working on 27.5 bikes when they're just gonna rot in the warehouse.

Regardless of what it looks like in the forums people aren't buying 27.5 bikes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
No. The new wreckoning is basically a 29” freeride bike.
but, evil has been known for their 29ers since they introduced the following instead of the 27.5 bike everyone was expecting. its also been said that they arent revising any of their 27.5 bikes anytime soon (or at all).
How can a 29er be a Freeride bike?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Evil says "they haven give up on 27.5," they still sell out of all their bikes.
The 27.5 frames were on deep discount before the pandemic and they still didn't sell out. Whereas the 29ers that went on sale all sold out almost immediately.

·
Registered
Forbidden Druid / ElevenSix / Fox 36 / Secus / Runt / XT / One Up Carbon Bar / Transfer
182 Posts
The 27.5 frames were on deep discount before the pandemic and they still didn't sell out. Whereas the 29ers that went on sale all sold out almost immediately.

Yes, from my experience as well, most people are buying 29ers, hence the logic to revamp the 29ers first as a business decision. I suspected Evil may focus on getting Offering up to par aesthetically/functionally with the newer models as that bike is likely their most popular model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, from my experience as well, most people are buying 29ers, hence the logic to revamp the 29ers first as a business decision. I suspected Evil may focus on getting Offering up to par aesthetically/functionally with the newer models as that bike is likely their most popular model.

Yeah I get that they need to get the Offering up to par, but the Insurgent really need an update the new 11/6 wont even fit on it, and Evil is a Push brand.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Dude they have been sold out for so long, on all their bikes.

·
Registered
Forbidden Druid / ElevenSix / Fox 36 / Secus / Runt / XT / One Up Carbon Bar / Transfer
182 Posts
Yeah I get that they need to get the Offering up to par, but the Insurgent really need an update the new 11/6 wont even fit on it, and Evil is a Push brand.
I work for a small company designing product. We have to choose what we can do based on what will sell most first and foremost. Always sell the product with appeal to most customers. You'd never want to update the lesser sold bikes first (if the units sold are drastically less) unless you had the resources and budget to do them all at the same time. If they really are doing Offering first, that'd be why.

I would be surprised if they just ignored the 27.5 completely. There are plenty who prefer that size for ride style or body size. Maybe they'll venture into mullet territory too. Who knows

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lmao. Go ask Aggy or paul genovese.

Funny you should ask because I've had IG exchanges with both of them and they both have converted two reckoning to 27.5, one with triple crown fork and another with a Zeb. Aggy also runs one with 29, but seldom gets used. Aggy actually rides his Calling most of all and said the Calling is the bike most people that works at Evil ride.

By the way, Sorge also rides his Wreckoning on 27.5 wheels with 190 Zeb. Believe me, you will not see many if any 29ers at Rampage. Even Brendog who is a racer who exclusively rides 29, run a Mullet at Rampage.

So there.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Funny you should ask because I've had IG exchanges with both of them and they both have converted two reckoning to 27.5, one with triple crown fork and another with a Zeb. Aggy also runs one with 29, but seldom gets used. Aggy actually rides his Calling most of all and said the Calling is the bike most people that works at Evil ride.

By the way, Sorge also rides his Wreckoning on 27.5 wheels with 190 Zeb. Believe me, you will not see many if any 29ers at Rampage. Even Brendog who is a racer who excusably rides 29, run a Mullet at Rampage.

So there.
No idea if all you said is true but calling is an amazingly capable and fun bike. Always thought it was more capable than my 29 firebird

·
Registered
444 Posts
Agassiz's 27.5
Wish I knew what his BB height is with the 27.5's on his wrecker.....Stock is 13.8, Calling BB is 13.3....I'm running 165mm cranks on my Wreckoning...if its anything over 13" I'd give it a try on my V3.

·
Registered
644 Posts

By the way, Sorge also rides his Wreckoning on 27.5 wheels with 190 Zeb. Believe me, you will not see many if any 29ers at Rampage. Even Brendog who is a racer who exclusively rides 29, run a Mullet at Rampage.

So there.
Lmao, homie really said “So there”. you guys take this **** way too seriously.

Don’t you think if evil was going to make more 27.5 bikes, you would see the freeriders on the prototypes instead of the 29ers?
And if you are so intent on a 27.5 bike, why don’t you just run the wreckoning with 27.5 wheels? No one’s stopping you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good to know! The next time I send a no-hander double backie off of a 50' cliff I'll make sure to use smaller wheels. Safety first!
Personally the first characteristic that I look for in a bike is if it can handle backflips over a canyon. If it doesn't satisfy that criteria, then I move on to the next bike!

561 - 580 of 613 Posts