Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi together,
if anybody has got some top secret news about the 2020 Evil Bikes, updates, pictures and so on, would be cool to sum everything up here in this thread. :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Curious to see what they got new, coz their stuff are old as shlt now.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using ****************android_app_mtbr

·
So Cal Slayin'
138 Posts
I've got nothin'... Probably happening sooner rather than later though seeing as most of their remaining bikes are sold out. Couldn't help myself and had to get a close out Following MB frame for $1650. Hopefully the new bikes don't make me regret that.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I wont be giving up my Offering anytime soon, but love the brand, so was curious to see what they would have this year.
Losing hope. Guess next year?

·
I fix choppers
992 Posts
Evil always rolls out something with or around Bike's Bible. Bike announced all of their test bikes last week with the exception of two which are still under wraps. One of them is rumored to be a new Evil, but we'll see. :thumbsup: :devil:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Give me one and take my money!

Seriously, I would sell my titanium gravel bike in a second for this badass-ness.

I would like to see a "Mullet" bike from Evil. Not just an offering with a 27.5 wheel in the back, but a new bike w/ optimized geo for 29er wheel in front, 27.5 rear. 140-150 travel.

It would be sick for them to put out an XC race weapon, too: 29er, 65 degree head angle, 78 degree seat angle, longish reach, short chainstays, 100 front/rear travel, and light as hell.

And new Following, Insurgent (long over due), and Wreckoning with a steep seat angle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had my Following v1 for 3 years. The offering is the first new bike from them that I would actually consider purchasing, as I've been soooooo happy with the following and its good for 95% of my riding. I'm going to likely get the Offering next year, but with any release of the bikes I mentioned above, I'd be getting a new Evil sooner.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've had my Following v1 for 3 years. The offering is the first new bike from them that I would actually consider purchasing, as I've been soooooo happy with the following and its good for 95% of my riding. I'm going to likely get the Offering next year, but with any release of the bikes I mentioned above, I'd be getting a new Evil sooner.
If you like your Following V1, try over-fork/shock and -1.5 angle set before buying a new bike.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Seeing how most online dealers are sold out of the Calling (except S and XL) frames. I would assume all frames are getting the Offering update??

·
Registered
724 Posts
Evil is missing the boat big time. The market is flooded with so many good modern bikes being released weekly. Yet they still only have one modern geo offering. If they dont release before christmas they miss a ton of revenue.

Once the bikes are released god knows how long it will take to actually get a frame.

At this point why even bother waiting, they missed the boat and the window. the current geo san Offering is super outdated and the bike changes are a year late.

EVIL wake up and realize the market is super competitive and you cant just sit back and let us all wait wondering!!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Fwiw, if they do get new shlt out people will line up for em esp the fanboys. Im guessing theyll release just in time for spring, chaching.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using ****************android_app_mtbr

·
Registered
370 Posts
Evil is missing the boat big time. The market is flooded with so many good modern bikes being released weekly. Yet they still only have one modern geo offering. If they dont release before christmas they miss a ton of revenue.

Once the bikes are released god knows how long it will take to actually get a frame.

At this point why even bother waiting, they missed the boat and the window. the current geo san Offering is super outdated and the bike changes are a year late.

EVIL wake up and realize the market is super competitive and you cant just sit back and let us all wait wondering!!!!
I have to agree with this and if I'm not a fanboy, I'm close. The Insurgent and Wreckoning are super outdated. I would say closer to two years beyond shelf life now than one.

Insurgent has to be one of the most fun bikes, I'm every ridden, but that seat tube is so slack for those of us with long legs that it's not worth owning around here. I enjoyed that bike so much that I keep having to talk myself out of buying a frame knowing it will be too slack. Ugh.

At this point, I'm starting to worry about the company. When I see discounts on the Offering, it makes me think this might not just be a inventory clear out of discontinued bikes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have to agree with this and if I'm not a fanboy, I'm close. The Insurgent and Wreckoning are super outdated. I would say closer to two years beyond shelf life now than one.

Insurgent has to be one of the most fun bikes, I'm every ridden, but that seat tube is so slack for those of us with long legs that it's not worth owning around here. I enjoyed that bike so much that I keep having to talk myself out of buying a frame knowing it will be too slack. Ugh.

At this point, I'm starting to worry about the company. When I see discounts on the Offering, it makes me think this might not just be a inventory clear out of discontinued bikes.
I have thought the same as you in regards to the last paragraph. For them to have everything on sale with no new bikes as of yet, it makes you wonder if this is to clear all of its inventory. Time will tell what they do but not a lot of new products as of now.

·
Tree Thumper
137 Posts

If this was a slow or bad economy, I would say, it's possible. However, in this economy, it would be some pretty piss poor management if they went under. It is possible that tariffs are hitting them hard, but I have to think they are just delayed getting new bikes out

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
If this was a slow or bad economy, I would say, it's possible. However, in this economy, it would be some pretty piss poor management if they went under. It is possible that tariffs are hitting them hard, but I have to think they are just delayed getting new bikes out
Small company, small purchase power, probably one factory, multiple bikes in the lineup that could do with re-working, limited engineers and design capacity, just moved headquarters. Seems all pretty normal to me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Small company, small purchase power, probably one factory, multiple bikes in the lineup that could do with re-working, limited engineers and design capacity, just moved headquarters. Seems all pretty normal to me.
except the consumer does not care about any of that, the market is to competitive. even the die hard's are growing tired of waiting.

The ability to have a strong product cycle is how small companies survive. Evil's timetable is just way off.

I am hoping that the bikes drop in the next few weeks, but im not banking on it. I have talked to 3 or 4 Evil dealers and they are all in the dark as to what is going on.

1 - 20 of 609 Posts