Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a nice smaller bike multi tool with a knife blade in it to carry all the time. On and off the bike. I am always messing with a bike or something so I carry a small multi tool plus a knife right now so it would be nice to combine the two.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The PocketTool Mako doesn't incorporate a knife, but it is an easy-to-carry tool and would make a good combination to a folding knife:
PocketToolX MAKO Bike Tool, 3.5" Overall, Titanium, Stonewash Finish - Knifecenter.com

I use a pocket knife way more than any multi-tool, and very much prefer having a separate knife. Even when I carry a leatherman that incorporates a knife, I still have a separate knife clipped into my waistband or pocket.

The Mako is pretty limited as far as bike tools go. But I wouldn't want to drag a Crank Brothers 19-function tool around in my pocket all the time. The Mako is slim and weighs less than one-eighth of the Multi19. I would, though, very much want to add a 5mm wrench and a chain tool--things the Mako lacks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Lezyne CRV 20. Every tool you'll ever need for a road or mountain bike, plus a descent sized serrated knife. Also comes in an (expensive) carbon side plate version to keep it light - might be worth it if you're carrying it around with you all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.