Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through one of my mags andd saw it had a sweepsstake and was wondering if anyone has ever won anything from a bike mag, or anything free and bike related.
the best thing ive gotten was a Yeti t-shirt from a raffle at nationals in Sol Vista colorado

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
It'such easier to just go up to a vendor and ask for something you want. Be sure and say please. Of course this don't work 100% of the time, and usually only works for inexpensive items like T's or drinking glasses and the like.

even this site--I've won stuff, I've also had admin just up and send me something on two occasions (well 1 was RBR).

dcompton94 said:
I was looking through one of my mags andd saw it had a sweepsstake and was wondering if anyone has ever won anything from a bike mag, or anything free and bike related.
the best thing ive gotten was a Yeti t-shirt from a raffle at nationals in Sol Vista colorado

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats awesome, i didn't know you could win stuff off of this site and i also got a free water bottle if that counts, what have you gotten from this site?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow lol some people have all the luck, thats really awesome, i entered a contest in a mag for the 1st time and was wondering who has actually won this stuff

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
Francois sent me a RBR jersey on my return from Iraq. Some years before then some admin sent me a regular jersey. Then during a review contest I won the new style jersey. So all jerseys. lol.

dcompton94 said:
Thats awesome, i didn't know you could win stuff off of this site and i also got a free water bottle if that counts, what have you gotten from this site?

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,983 Posts
in '04, I won the Park Tool Roll w/ tools for "Letter of the Month" in Bicycling Magazine -- $140 value @ the time. Still have it, added to it, use it every time there's work to be done -- LOVE IT!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I won a bike

When I was sationed in Japan I won a Carrotec hardtail with an LX set up. It was cool, I ended up using it as my loaner bike when people visit. I have had it for 6 years and it has never broke. When we moved to Germany, I found out the bike is worth about 700 Euro. The next year at the same race in Japan, I won a couple videos and a helmet. The next year my wife won 2 Selle seats and a set of tires. I think we are ahead right now.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Saddle and Brake Set/Levers

I won a pretty nice saddle from Dirt Rag and a full set of Avid Mech Discs and levers at the 19th Annual Jim Thorpe Mountain Bike Weekend.

I won a snowboard too but that was for dressing up as Bloody Mary at a costume contest at a ski area. You would be surprised what you can win if you have nerve and nice legs.:thumbsup:

·
I need a new name
911 Posts
I'm constantly entering myself and my girlfriend (she rides too) in bike contests. One day we had been on a ride and she checked her voicemail to hear she had won a Specialized Pitch Pro. We sold the bike to finance some roadie stuff for both of us. Sometimes I regret that.

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
Won a sweet saddle(WTB Laser V SLT) and a pair of WTB lock-on grips from Robert and the guys at Bikeskills.com, not all that long ago.

Keep an eye out for Bikeskills contests in the "Where are the best deals?" forum.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I won a Schwinn Moab(?) sometime around 1996 or so from the local shop in Loveland, CO. I didn't realize that I was on the air with one of the local radio stations when they called to inform me and I let a bad word slip out. Doh!:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.