Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
All fat, all the time.
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, first off, I'm not complaining, any ride is a good ride.....

some are just more fun than others lol.

Yesterday weather some supposed to roll in, but by the afternoon no rain, so my bike was calling me.

Decided to do some exploring, found some GPS tracks for a loop around Liberty Lake WA, just a few mins from the house.

The ride started with a couple miles through side roads until I got to the singeltrack, no big deal I can handle some pavement once in a while heh.

Then there was about 5 miles of climbing.....ouch, didn't see that coming :)

Downhill was fast & fun.....

1/2 way down had to stop for a trail-poo....always a good time :p Luckily I always have some TP.....

rest of the DH was uneventful.

Got to the bottom, creek crossing, managed to keep feet dry, bonus! Then a swampy area, managed to pedal through most, but by the time I got through it my feet were grossly wet. Wring out socks, and make way way back around through neighborhood & back to truck.

13 miles, way more of a workout than expected!

Still fun though, just not what I expected lol.

·
All fat, all the time.
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
DSCN2009.jpg
My ride a few days before that out at Canfield trails in CDa, I came across a moose, 10' beside the trail. Exciting! It was happily chewing on some leaves so I quietly passed by as he watched. Sweet singletrack out there, still some snow & ice, and a smokin' fast fireroad decent. I'll be back to that one much more often.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Come on everyone has left a trailside poo at one time or another, when you got to go you got to go. I always carry TP in my CB.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah, you can't go into the woods and not poop. It's just one of them things. Just don't be a surface pooper. You have to bury that thing.

·
Nemophilist
1,873 Posts
Yeh...

Summiting the front steps of the house is the toughest climbing you'll get in most of Hoosierland. I can ride 2-3 miles in the snow around here and be utterly gassed.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I hear you on the mileage!
Still greeting used to the mountains!....back in Indiana I normally rode 20 - 30 mile a few times a week ....bit different out here, rides start with miles of climbing :)
Welcome to the west, where less = more!

Now that your mind is getting out of its 'flatlander' mode; are you considering any changes in the gearing of your bike?

·
All fat, all the time.
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had my bike setup for a San Diego trip last year, so I already have 2x with granny, bigger brake up front, and dropper post. Handling things out here nicely.

Once the 11 nine full suspension frame comes out, that will be the next upgrade :)

Welcome to the west, where less = more!

Now that your mind is getting out of its 'flatlander' mode; are you considering any changes in the gearing of your bike?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts