Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone bought a demo bike from their LBS? I'm curious...
  1. What was your experience like?
  2. What kind of shape was the bike in after all the demo abuse?
  3. How much of a discount did you get?
  4. Did you have to be special friend or employee to get in on the deal?
  5. Would you do it again?

·
Registered
94 Posts
It wasn't my local bike shop, but I bought a '06 Cannondale Prophet 600 from a shop in Jackson, Wyoming after working the summer at Grand Teton Ntl Park. It had a few dings and nicks, but worked perfectly, and the brakes were broken in! There were a few to choose from so I chose the best one. Got it at 40% off with full warrenty. Definitely do it again.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
you can check the bike for wear, etc....most should be fine.

i was in a local shop the other day and they rolled a marin alpine trail 29er out.
they were selling it at a 20% discount from retail - but had upgraded from a dart 3 to a tora 318 u-turn. not a bad deal at all.

totally would grab it if i didn't want a steel from for my next bike (i'm pretty sure a redline d440 29er is in my future with upgrades to hydros, better wheelset, and a spare x9 derailluer i have laying around)

·
i want spring!
480 Posts
demo days!

Consuela said:
Anyone bought a demo bike from their LBS? I'm curious...
  1. What was your experience like?
  2. What kind of shape was the bike in after all the demo abuse?
  3. How much of a discount did you get?
  4. Did you have to be special friend or employee to get in on the deal?
  5. Would you do it again?
i bought my Turner 5 Spot from the LBS that had a demo day. i got the frame, fork, headset and stem for a cheaper price that buying, just the frame. i know the shop was good, i trusted them and i was really surprised that they broke the bike down to sell me the bike that way.

i'd do it again!

~db

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.