Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everybody hates on the SanTans, but I live about five minutes away, and I like to ride there when I don't have time to get to somewhere a little more intense. I've found the SS Transition TransAM to be the perfect bike for the mellow trails out there. Made a little vid the other night...

http://www.pinkbike.com/v/67405

Also, you can read my impressions of the bike here...
http://scaliwag.pinkbike.com/blog/TransAM.html

· Kathleen in AZ
5,082 Posts
Noelg said:
Dude that is fantastic! Makes me want to toss the SS on the rack and go ride out there!

Great video! :thumbsup:
Indeed!!! Lots of work there to get all those shots of yourself on a solo ride. I really like the sunset shots at the end :) Nice to see a new person putting out da movies. After seeing so many of the cool videos with helmet or bike mounted cameras, my favorites are still the hand-held side trail shots panning after riders. nice job!

· Banned
488 Posts
Dude, those trails look A LOT more packed down than they used to be. Did they outlaw horses out there all of a sudden? I live within 5 minutes as well and that vid makes me want to drag the 575 out there one of these evenings...

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are still horses out there, but for whatever reason, the trails are more solid then they used to be. There are still some lame sandy sections, and they've widened a lot of the singletrack and made it easier, but it's fast and flowy and pretty fun if you take the right trails. I go out at least a few evenings a week for about an hour.

· MTBikeAZ.com
117 Posts
Dude, that video totally captured the beauty of the San Tans. I used to ride out there a lot, until they widened the singletrack. Your video makes me want to return and explore the new stuff they built. Thanks for posting. PM me if you want company on your next evening ride. I'm only 15 minutes away.

· im4Gsus
2,196 Posts
gr8 solo video!
i've never ridden out there and it looks like a fun flowy trail, good for "c-riders". ;)

where is the trailhead and about how many miles is the trail?

tia, ms kaboose

· I love bike!
1,152 Posts
Great...:madman:

Just when I've given up on this trail system you post this awesome video up. I guess I'm gonna have to give it another shot now seeing how it's just practically out my back door.

Thanks very little :prft:

In all seriousness though...nice video and thanks for the positive San Tan update :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.