Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you folks who like Indian Creek, take a break on riding 800 and start riding down Roundup. It's one of the best trails out there, way better than Steven's Gulch! It gets very little horse traffic and even fewer bikes, but it's a real ripper when you can actually see the trail. The problem is that it's getting over grown. Come on folks, do your part & lets burn that baby in!

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
huh?

Is this a secret trail? Can you show me where it's at? What tires should I run? Do I have to yield to the horses?

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ibmkidIII said:
huh?

Is this a secret trail? Can you show me where it's at? What tires should I run? Do I have to yield to the horses?
It might as well be a secret. From the IC campground, ride up 800 singletrack to the top, then descend the old fire road to the Steven's Gulch entry (marked & signed). Just to the right of the Steven's Gulch trailhead is another fire road looking opening, unmarked and unsigned. That's Roundup. Rip it. Very remote feeling. Lots of stream crossings, wild raspberries, etc., etc. It will spit you out just below the old homestead and from there you can do the Rox loop or head backup lower Stevens connector to 800 or whatever you want.

For the rest, yes, I can show you where it's at; you should run tires that aren't flat and probably.

·
Registered
165 Posts
DWF said:
For all you folks who like Indian Creek, take a break on riding 800 and start riding down Roundup. It's one of the best trails out there, way better than Steven's Gulch! It gets very little horse traffic and even fewer bikes, but it's a real ripper when you can actually see the trail. The problem is that it's getting over grown. Come on folks, do your part & lets burn that baby in!
I have to say, the last thing I would consider doing is riding to the top of Indian Creek to descend back to Stevens Gulch.

That would be like packing up all your gear to go camping then checking in to a hotel.:crazy:

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big Virgil said:
I have to say, the last thing I would consider doing is riding to the top of Indian Creek to descend back to Stevens Gulch.

That would be like packing up all your gear to go camping then checking in to a hotel.:crazy:
Uh. Say what?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I have wondered about some of the other trails there, Many unmarked, I will get to them later. Just not while riding solo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts