Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the Giant Anthem X 29er Frame only available i the US?

Here in Europe you can only by the Giant Anthem X1 29er, but iam not interested in a complete bike.

Does any one know of a European Webstore where you can order the Anthem X 29er frame?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Your probably like me with lots of parts to build up a frame. I was going to get a frame only but got a good deal on a AX1 bike which ended up only being a hundred dollars more than the frame and fox fork alone. I've changed bars,seat post, tires and chain rings to make it a 1 x 10. I was going to get custom wheels but the std wheels are very good.It's about 12 kg with Ra Ra 2.4 tires and std tubes.It would be about 11.5kg with Ro Ro 2.25's run tubeless on custom wheels.Locally Giant always discount mid year, and like Europe, 29ers aren't that popular yet so you may start seeing some good deals on a AX1 or AX2 in a couple of months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Precisely my Case, a set of KCNC, Magura Mag and Sram X0 stuff that i think is superior to the XT mounted on the X1.
Also i aim at a Crank Brothers cobalt 29er set as im currently using the 26" version and like the characteristics.

How much did you pay for your X1 ?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
USD 2500 . Australia and New Zealand the MRRP is USD 3200. Our winter sales will be kicking in a couple of months so could possibly have got it cheaper if I had waited? You may find a retailer in Australia or New Zealand who will send a bike over to you?
Have you tried UK .The AX1 29er is available as a bike in UK[ but more expensive than Australia] and I've seen Anthem 26er and Trance frame sets advertised there. Whether they have a 29er frame and ship overseas ?

·
The Netherlands
85 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.