Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Are there any (web) shops in Europe with 29er goods on the shelf?
(forks especially....tires too)
So far,only decent parts I found browsing are on bike2build.nl (WB & WTB)

Sorry to stick it on US forum but 29er are (almost) outcasted over here and struggling for a spare parts.

Wish many happy miles for all 29" afficionados and to all pedaling brotherhood in general.

Ivo
Croatia
GF MtTam 02

·
mtbr member
454 Posts
Ivo,

European webshops seem to lag in 29". If you don't find anything closer you might take a look at Swedish www.cyclecomponents.com (click EUR currency and you'll get at least English headings). They sell 29" tires (and some tube and a couple of Marz forks). They have little on the shelf but order when they get their order, and are often happy to try to find anything you e-mail them and ask for that's not listed on their site. Croatia being outside the EU, I think removing the sales tax will reduce the price you pay by 20%, but then you may add Croatian tax and customs. Just a though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anden,

Thanks for a fast and precise info.
CyCo guys are really 29er friendly bunch and the site itself is dead easy to go through.
Always prefered shelfed stuff over ordered ones as that is a sure way to get exactly wanted parts.

Your thought is right about extra costs - I have some friends inside EU so I can bypass insane taxing & postage fees if something pricey is to receive.

Tack,

Ivo

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ivo,

The best luck I've had here in the Czech Rep. is going through Fisher dealers. I've found one who's very keen on 29ers and keeps a stock of tyres and tubes in. He's happy to order bikes and forks as needed, but mostly just keeps the dual-sports in stock. Most of the Fisher dealers I've seen have the dual-sports on the floor, but look at them as hybrids (or trekking bikes as they call them here) rather than MTBs.

Sam

Sam

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kolo - Croatian Fisher dealer is so dizzy like you would not believe.
They need product induction-information just to figure out what I am talking about.

Realbiker - I do believe you but...4sports.at does not have so transparent web site and so far no reply on my email.If they are or my way to Bayern I might have a peak - otherwise no deal.

Nightfire - Thanks to the web it does not matter much where do you live as long as there is a straight forward exchange of the goods and cash.
Add to that budget airlines and no place is far away and bank-breaking.

LJ - wiggle.co.uk have a nice site...to bad for no overseas delivery
(UK prices might be a bit higher but sometimes they do sales of last year stuff)

So far the top shop by far is cyclecomponets.com from Sweden

Honorable mention goes to bike2build.nl
and
http://www.12gotrading.com/ga.php?naar=specificaties&m=Gary_Fisher&t=Paragon
(they have this 19" for 1000Euros.Sounds silly but if stripped down....a lot of the spare parts)

Thanks all for the input

Happy 29ing
Ivo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts