·
Cassoulet forever !
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
20.100 FR said:
After my Karate Monkey and my GT peace, here is my 293, coming from Austria to France (with some troubles :D )

(note that this pictures have been taken INSIDE Paris !!!)

Less than 12kg like that. Cockpit not final. Should reach 11.5

Will put bigger disks, bigger tires, and put the fork in 100mm

other pics
https://twentyniner.free.fr/photos/Personal/293/images.html

Thanks to 2Melow, Bruce, and Nate for the inspiration.
https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=213135
Bike looks good! And you are already at 12k (26.5 pounds for us non metric folks). How do the Mavic UST wheels and the Hutchinson Pythons ride on the 293? Yes, I would recommend running the REBA with the 100mm setting for the Sugar.

BB

·
Cassoulet forever !
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BruceBrown said:
Bike looks good! And you are already at 12k (26.5 pounds for us non metric folks). How do the Mavic UST wheels and the Hutchinson Pythons ride on the 293? Yes, I would recommend running the REBA with the 100mm setting for the Sugar.

BB
Hello Bruce

I didn't weighted the whole bike yet, but yes it shoud already be under 12kg accroding to the parts i weighed.

I've been ridding the Mavic for several months now, and like them very much.
I'm not a fan of the pythons : my set do not hold up on the ust29 rim if you go under 2 bars of pressure. I had one blowout in the front, climbing ! With enough pressure they hold up but the grip and confort is not so good...

I'm looking for meatier tires for this bike, may be rampage or nevegal ?
Schitching to 100mm in the front
Putting back my gravity dropper when it arrives from the us
And the bike shall be ready for some technical marathon racing next spring in the alps...
May be a shock with lockout too ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.