Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to Eureka Springs for the first at the end of this month. Plan to stay Friday night and Saturday night and camp or rent a cabin if there are any close to the action. Can anyone recommend the closest/best spot to set up camp where all the trails are at? Also, what are some of the more advanced/technical/"downhill style" trails located within the Eureka Springs area? We have been hearing a lot about Leatherwood but would love some insight from you guys!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here are a couple of trail maps:

Trail Map of Lake Leatherwood - The Eureka Springs Parks and Recreation Commission

http://fattirefestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Fat-Tire-Festival-Downhill-Map.pdf

Most people who want to ride the downhill track park at the off of highway 62 at Anglers Restaurant. The start of the course is right across the street. It's fairly well marked, at least if you know what you're looking for.

Don't know anything about the camping in the area, but there is a Harlee Country at the downhill track trail head as well.

Have fun, Lake Leatherwood is a blast!

·
Registered
501 Posts
We stayed at the KOA that is within 1/2 mile of DH start off Hwy 62. Rented one of their newer "camping cabins". Sweet setup and convenient to the riding. Good trails and fun town.

BBQ place just before entering town was very good. Can't remember the name of it. I think it was on Hwy 62.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys! Still planning on heading down there Friday evening and staying for the weekend. I think we are just going to camp by Leatherwood and explore! Let me know if anyone else has any tips/recommendations!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.