Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
stinkyboy said:
Are there any trails in or near Eugene or do we have to head out to Oakridge?
Well I'm a noob so I'm sure there are more people qualified than me but there's a short one up Foxhollow. There's a big gravel parking area on the left side where it starts. My friend and I went on that recently. It's short but has a few decent ups and downs and a switchback. Nothing spectacular but it was nice for when we can't travel further. I noticed a short ways in there was a trail that went off to the left of the main trail. It was pretty steep (and muddy at the time). We got curious so we went down it. It seems like it'd be a blast in dry weather. Pretty steep the whole way with 3-4 small ramp jumps and ends in a steep switchback that brought us to a dead end on some street. My noobie self had a hell of a time riding back up Foxhollow rode. :eek:

I'm also looking for trails other than this and the miles of paved bike trail we have around the Autzen area.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
stinkyboy said:
Are there any trails in or near Eugene or do we have to head out to Oakridge?
The only real trail in Eugene is the ridgeline trail. (that's what the Dissonance was talking about) It has about 3 miles of singletrack are open to bikes, and you can do a ten mile ride by looping the trailswith some roads, and ride the trails in both directions.
Closest real trails to Eugene are at whypass. You'll need to hook up with the Disciples of Dirt for a guide out to Whypass, cause the directions are a secret and we don't give em out to strangers. Most of us here in Eugene spend our summer weekends in Oakridge, sice it has the best concentration of excellent rides in the area. Is only 40 minutes from Eugene, so it's worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.