Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for you RM ETSX 70 folk.......I have an '03 X 70.I am getting a weird tire like rubbing noise when in lower gears.I have checked the other threads,and am not yet victim to a radical break,although I do have concerns.My 1st X70 broke at the top/seat juncture.RM replaced but,I'm wondering if they'll stand by it again.I am particuarly concerned about the odd stuff happening at the head tube.Directly above and below the headset cups,it looks like oxidizing or something.On top of that it's starting to creak again,but repeated inspections show no cracks.Here's a photo of the head tube.Any ideas??

Attachments

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
I had a problem that showed up just about 2 weeks ago with an odd creak or groan that was audible when riding, and it was audible when you held the bars and rocked the bike side to side. After worrying about an invisible frame fracture I took it to the Rocky dealer and they diagnosed the top race on Race Face Thermo SP headset which was replaced under warranty. That fixed it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.